Why become a member? ×

Valve pedal for guitar and bass

Hi Dave,

A quick question for you. I'm gonna get a single ended low watt valve amp for guitar soon and I'm looking for a pedal that'll pump a good bit of gain through it. Think tubescreamer but for metal as well as rock.

I was just wondering if you had a pedal that could throw a lot of gain into a small valve amp and could then be used to dirty up a valve pre based bass amp with the flick of a switch. Not sure if such a pedal would be practical for you but I was wondering if such a thing existed.

Thanks for your time,
John

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='807939' date='Apr 16 2010, 01:47 AM']Hi Dave,

A quick question for you. I'm gonna get a single ended low watt valve amp for guitar soon and I'm looking for a pedal that'll pump a good bit of gain through it. Think tubescreamer but for metal as well as rock.

I was just wondering if you had a pedal that could throw a lot of gain into a small valve amp and could then be used to dirty up a valve pre based bass amp with the flick of a switch. Not sure if such a pedal would be practical for you but I was wondering if such a thing existed.

Thanks for your time,
John[/quote]

I do build guitar and bass versions of all my pedals but the answer is simple. The bass versions work very well with both guitar and bass but the guitar versions are lose bottom end for bass. So, if you want one pedal for both then pick a bass version and adjust the EQ and apply the bright switch for guitar.

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='808469' date='Apr 16 2010, 02:46 PM']Thanks for the quick reply Dave. Would any of the bass VH2 pedals be suitable or would you recommend one over another? Can you get the same core sound with all 3 of them?

Cheers,
John[/quote]

Do you mean VT2? Same applies, pick the bass version if you want it for guitar as well. All my pedals have the same core sound.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='810583' date='Apr 18 2010, 05:58 PM']Do you mean VT2? Same applies, pick the bass version if you want it for guitar as well. All my pedals have the same core sound.

Dave[/quote]
Cool. Ya, that's the one I meant alright:) I'd imagine with the overdrive + distortion modes you'd be able to get most dirty tones you'd need. I think i'll get the custom version from you in a few weeks. How much would shipping be to Ireland?

Cheers,
John

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='810679' date='Apr 18 2010, 08:26 PM']Cool. Ya, that's the one I meant alright:) I'd imagine with the overdrive + distortion modes you'd be able to get most dirty tones you'd need. I think i'll get the custom version from you in a few weeks. How much would shipping be to Ireland?

Cheers,
John[/quote]

Shipping to Ireland is £14.98