Why become a member? ×

Marshall mb60 combo

danmanthebass

[quote name='danmanthebass' post='807518' date='Apr 15 2010, 07:27 PM'][size=4]Im thinking of upgrading to a marshall combo mb60 but I just wonder will it be loud enough to be heard over two guitars and drums for pub gigs!!
I could really do with some help on this one guys[/size] :)[/quote]

It depends on what kinda rigs your guitarists have and how loud your drummer is

There's a very good amp buying guide somewhere I read. I can't find it or link for you though as I'm on my phone.

You have to think about your needs. Also I've had my old teacher say you need at least 100watts to be heard clearly at any volume level, don't know if that's true but anyway.

What gear do your guitarists have? If they have like 100w combos or stack even a 100w combo will struggle, you may get a away with a 200w but you'll find yourself turning it up often. However if they are using 30w combos you should be ok with a 100 watt fender rumble.

What's your budget? Check the for sale section hear for something great that will last you years, that Marshall combo new is nearly 300! If you look in the for sale section you'll find my Marshall mb4210, a 300 watt combo!! Which is truely loud, and at 175 collected or 175 plus courier costs it's a fraction of that 60 watt combo.

If you really want to buy new, then look around and see if there is something with more power and features for a little bit more money, then save. Don't rush to buy something cause you need it now, if you have to wait to get something better then wait, you'll regret it later.

PA support, pubs round here anyway have some kind of PA gear for functions and stuff, don't about were you are, but if this is the case you could get away with something smaller as long as your amp has an XLR out.