Why become a member? ×

Youtube Recording Question

HMX

Hi guys,

I'd really like to start recording some bass covers for youtube, but unsure as to how to do it.

I'm thinking of getting a Korg Pandora PX5D - which is quite pricy (£150) but has had great reviews, sounds great in demos and has a USB line out connection, so I'm tempted.

Any other cheaper or alternative options?

Thanks,

Carl

[quote name='HMX' post='802279' date='Apr 11 2010, 01:12 AM']Hi guys,

I'd really like to start recording some bass covers for youtube, but unsure as to how to do it.

I'm thinking of getting a Korg Pandora PX5D - which is quite pricy (£150) but has had great reviews, sounds great in demos and has a USB line out connection, so I'm tempted.

Any other cheaper or alternative options?

Thanks,

Carl[/quote]

I started out just playing live over the tracks and videoing it.... very cheap!

[quote name='garethox' post='802280' date='Apr 11 2010, 01:30 AM']I started out just playing live over the tracks and videoing it.... very cheap![/quote]
Sadly I don't have a video camera good enough for it, and my laptop mic just distorts.

[quote name='Golchen' post='803414' date='Apr 12 2010, 09:28 AM']So how are you going to do the video without a camera?

Also, bear in mind that if you play along to a record then Youtube may delete your video sound for infringement of copyright.[/quote]
Sorry, I misunderstood. I mean the video camera isn't good enough to record the sound - which is understandable. It is fine for the video.

As for the copyright, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it - or avoid certain labels.