Why become a member? ×

Truss rod problem on my Warwick Thumb Bass.

Soliloquy

I was trying to adjust the neck refief on my fretless Thumb NT bass earlier. It wouldn't turn and then all of a sudden it did. I've stripped inside of the hex shaped thing that you put the adjustment wrench into.

Can I ask any Warwick experts if this is a major problem, can you get replacement parts easily ?

I love this bass and I'm really worried that I've done something major. It's the only fretless bass that I've played that actually sounds like a fretless.

[quote name='pal1972' post='802247' date='Apr 11 2010, 12:13 AM']I had a dodgy rod in my fortress one a good few years ago, contacted warwick and was able to buy a replacement direct through them - IIRC it was only about £15![/quote]

Ah, thanks !

I feel a lot better now, I thought I'd wrecked it.

It's just the end bit that the adjustment tool fits into that's stripped inside. I didn't realise how stiff the necks were. I realise now that I should have done a quarter turn and left it for a bit, then another quarter turn. Maybe while pulling the neck back a bit to ease the adjustment.