Why become a member? ×

Sampling question

deathpanda

This may sound stupid, I'm an amateur "producer" after all, but I've looked and can't find what I'm looking for... so here goes nothing; I have a DVD that I got free in a magazine, and it has a shed load of drum samples, really decent quality and royalty free. Each sample is a .wav of each individual pad (kick, snare, hat etc..) and I was just wondering how I can go about using them. I've been using reaper and I'm really comfortable with it now, so I was kinda hoping there's an easy way to it. Perhaps there's a vst plugin which lets you load and edit the samples, and then trigger them with MIDI? I was kinda hoping this was the way, but I fear it's gonna be much harder than that. I have actually been wondering about this for a while, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance

[quote name='deathpanda' post='801454' date='Apr 10 2010, 02:02 AM']This may sound stupid, I'm an amateur "producer" after all, but I've looked and can't find what I'm looking for... so here goes nothing; I have a DVD that I got free in a magazine, and it has a shed load of drum samples, really decent quality and royalty free. Each sample is a .wav of each individual pad (kick, snare, hat etc..) and I was just wondering how I can go about using them. I've been using reaper and I'm really comfortable with it now, so I was kinda hoping there's an easy way to it. Perhaps there's a vst plugin which lets you load and edit the samples, and then trigger them with MIDI? I was kinda hoping this was the way, but I fear it's gonna be much harder than that. I have actually been wondering about this for a while, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance[/quote]

What sequencer are you using? Reason, logic and Cubase have their own soft sampler which can have these individual hits loaded into key maps and triggered via midi. Quite complicated to explain via messages, there will probably be something on youtube?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_P_0tbjPdE"]Logics ESX24[/url]

Dave

Edited by cd_david