Why become a member? ×

It Seems My Queries About Splitting My Signal Have Been Rendered Moot

Phaedrus

Hi,

My guitarist plays bass in another (sporadically-gigging) tribute band. He's been using an Ampeg rig that's owned by another member of that band (and I've been using that stack for my band's rehearsals), but he decided to get his own amp rig. For gigs, I'd be using my old Peavey TNT150BW, and will be putting gig money by to upgrade asap. I'm currently out of work, he's got a few bob.

I got a text from him yesterday saying he'd just bought a Trace Elliot 1215 combo and an Ashdown MAG210 extension cab, and that I'm free to rehearse & gig with it. It's not a rig I would have bought if I had that kind of money to spend myself, but there's no denying the 1215 is a top class piece of gear, so I guess I'm excited and grateful to have access to it.

It seems the 1215 has pretty flexible effects & DI-ing routing, so till I can afford to get my own amp rig, it looks like I'll be able to achieve pretty close to what I want.

Mark

I have owned a 1215 on two occasions. They have a distinctive 'Trace' sound (fine if that's your thing), very loud and punch through any mix. Adding a 1x15 Trace cab made no difference whatsoever. Both displayed intermittant front panel illumination problems but apart from that were utterly reliable. Built like and weigh about the same as a tank. Enjoy