Why become a member? ×

TVX / TXF .... what's the difference

Guest MoJo

Hi All
I own a Peavey 410TVX, 4 x 10" drivers with HF tweeter and built-in crossover 4 ohm 350W RMS and have spotted what appears to be almost identical cabs on eBay and Gumtree badged as a 410TXF, also 350W 4 x 10 with crossover and tweeter.

What, if anything, is the difference between these two cabs? Does anyone know?

Mark

Now I'm even more confused :) . My TVX which still appears to be a current model is vinyl covered. I was wondering if the older TXF was carpet covered (difficult to tell from the photos)

410 TXF

I think you're right - I actually have the cabs at home today and I've had a good look over them. My vinyl covered TVX has a serial number 150,000 later than the TXF, and has a 'CE' mark where the TXF doesn't - double proof that it's actually the newer of the two.

I bought the cabs from different sellers on t' bay, both were 'used'. It just means that my TVX must have been 'used' a whole lot more, possibly as a hockey puck by giants, or that carpet wears a hell of a lot better :)