Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky outboard preamp

bassbora

I have an old Sadowsky outboard preamp which I bought in '95. I stopped using it probably 10 - 12 years ago after buying a Warwick which I felt didn't need the preamp. I recently plugged it in and it was not amazingly sounding like it was before but had kind of buzzing sound. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

I have in the passed fired off one or two questions to Sadowsky and got a quick reply from Roger himself so maybe I should just be doing that but I thought I might see if anyone has come across similar problem with effects or preamps which have been lying around unused for few years.

And yes I did put in a new battery.

Cheers

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='787477' date='Mar 26 2010, 11:02 PM']It might be one of transistors that doesn't work as it should or a capacitor that is at the end of its lifetime.

I'll be happy to have a look for you if you want. Please feel free to send me an email (the address is in my signature).[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I might look into fixing it in the next few months so I might get in touch then.

Cheers