Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SG1000 SOLD!

The time has come to put my lovely Yamaha SG1000 up for trade.
I believe it is a 1981 model (SN 067652)
Check out some pics here: [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/26088903@N05/sets/72157623371872468/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/26088903@N05/...57623371872468/[/url]
For those of you in the know you will appreciate what an awesome tone monster this guitar is, but for the uninitiated. The Yamaha SG was the guitar that put Japanese guitars on the map. In terms of spec it's very similar to a Les Paul custom: mahogany body with maple cap, set mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard, but with the addition of coil tappable pickups with Yamaha's nifty push-push pots.
I've had it for 5 years and I bought it off a guy who had it from new and sold it because he had just bought a super rare SG3000.
In terms of condition it's a 30 year old guitar so there is some corrosion to the metal parts. The top and neck are in good condition, but there are some dings on the back and sides and on the top of the headstock (See photos for details). The brown stuff you can see on the plastic parts is the original backing paper which you can peel off if you are so inclined. The top has some really nice subtle flaming.
I've played this guitar back to back with a 70's LP standard an 80's custom and a modern Studio and it held its own against all of them.
I think it would be an ideal guitar for someone who had an LP Custom, but wanted something they could gig without having to worry about it, or someone who aspires to one but doesn't have the cash. A new one would set you back £1200 and a model of the same vintage just sold on ebay for £850, but I want a big chunk less than that for mine.
So the question is why am I getting rid of it?
I've always been a single coil, C profile neck, Fender man at heart and as guitar is my second instrument what little time I do get to play tends to be on my Strat so I'd like to trade it for something that suits my playing style a little more and perhaps inspires me to write a couple of new songs.
Though I'm not adverse to selling I'm ideally looking for a trade with cash in either direction for something that inspires me like a nice Fender, G&L, a Semi or even a Superstrat. I'm also up for trades for a decent boutique low wattage amp.
Basically try me. Edited by monquixote