Why become a member? ×

D.I. Output

steelman

Been advised to ask this question on here.. Didn't know this bit existed!!
Just did a gig with a 'proper' sound engineer who advised me that he was getting no signal from my D.I. output from my Hartke ha3500. This worked fine 2 weeks ago. Any ideas what could have happened and is it potentially an expensive repair? In anticipation!!!! :)

C

[quote name='steelman' post='782079' date='Mar 21 2010, 08:38 PM']Been advised to ask this question on here.. Didn't know this bit existed!!
Just did a gig with a 'proper' sound engineer who advised me that he was getting no signal from my D.I. output from my Hartke ha3500. This worked fine 2 weeks ago. Any ideas what could have happened and is it potentially an expensive repair? In anticipation!!!! :)

C[/quote]
Possibly a daft question, but did you swap the lead with another to confirm it was not a faulty lead?

Hi Steelman,
It is difficult to be absolutely sure on this query without actually seeing the head but assuming you have no other symptoms the fault should be reletively straightforward to find. The DI circuit is taken from the signal path prior to the amplifier circuit and so if you still have an output through the speakers the 'fault' will be between the di socket and where the signal splits from the output.
You can either take the amp to your local music store and see if they can help or ring us here on 01908-857170.
Best of luck
Gareth

Edited by HartkeUK
I can't type