Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Removed

Stacker

This bass, along with the 1973 Rick 4001FG and a Fender Japan non-export bound neck Jazz, is now back on board with the resurfacing of the instrument I was sniffing around. Please note there was no intended prevarication on my part, just nerves and a lack of concrete information from the other party.

Fender Squier VM fretless Jazz
Lined, ebonol neck
Duncan Designed pups
Wilkinson bridge
gold-plated hardware inc MOP-topped knurled control knobs
Currently strung with [i]very[/i] old flats!!
No case but gig bag could be factored in

This bass, clearly modelled on a Jaco Jazz, was the one that put, for me, Squier right back on the map again after many years. You would have had to pay major coin to get a bass like this around ten years back and I think they surpassed themseleves by bringing this in around the £270 mark. The gold hardware sets it off: all direct replacements and no hidden holes. Look for £210 inc gig bag and UK mainland shipping.

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='Stacker' post='772152' date='Mar 11 2010, 09:41 PM']mmmmmm...........maybe. What you got? No money coming from my end, though as i've got enough to shell out for right now! Would prefer the coin but let me know what you have in mind.[/quote]

Maybe my Yamaha RBX A2 bass. For pics check my thread on this section of forum. Let me know what u think mate.

[quote name='Stacker' post='772383' date='Mar 12 2010, 07:31 AM']No offence, mate, but I'll pass. Could really do with the coin.[/quote]
Hi there Stacker,

I might be interested in your fretless ? . . . I was trying a new one in a guitar shop on Friday . . very nice it was for the money !

Apart from the hardware change, are there any other changes or issues on yours, compared to a new standard one ?

And what condition is it in re dings, dents and knocks etc ?

Do you still have the original stock hardware that would been originally fitted ?

:)

Edited by Nostromo

[quote name='Nostromo' post='774649' date='Mar 14 2010, 08:25 PM']Hi there Stacker,

I might be interested in your fretless ? . . . I was trying a new one in a guitar shop on Friday . . very nice it was for the money !

Apart from the hardware change, are there any other changes or issues on yours, compared to a new standard one ?

And what condition is it in re dings, dents and knocks etc ?

Do you still have the original stock hardware that would been originally fitted ?

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Pristine, mate; as new. TBH, the orig hardware I got shot of as I wanted it in gold-plate. They keys are exactly the same as you'd find on the bass fresh out of the factory, but in GP. Direct retro-fit and no additional holes.

I was, eventually, gonna put in a new harness and a set of DiMarzio Ultra-Jazz pups - which I've fallen in love with after buying Clarky's Nash JAzz - but the bass, along with two others, has to go due to recent raiding of the savings to alleviate GAS!! :)

PS: I see you've got a Power Jazz; don't see many of them around!

Edited by Stacker