Why become a member? ×

help adding a 15 incher

Ou7shined

I've just bought [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7490"]this bad boy[/url] - old style mark 1. I've been told that I can maximise the amps wattage by adding a 1x15. There is a "sub out" and the official blurb from Ashdown states that this is to be used with an "ASHDOWN 400 Watt powered sub unit". Sadly these units seem to have fallen from the face of the Earth since then but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

I do have a never used (won it in a battle of the bands) powered 15" 180w 8ohm Peavey wedge (Eurosys 15pm) in storage but I guess this wouldn't do much for my sound at all.

Here's the rear of my rig. Can I add a cab to the other output and if so what wattage should I run?

We've got a dodgy last minute replacement gig in a few days and the PA will be for vocal only. Our drummer is a hard hitter and our lead guitar falls on the very loud side too, rhythm guitar has just got a new Orange so he'll likely be pulling out the stops to see what it can do so it would be nice to have something in reserve for myself if things get too much.

Thanks Steve.
I took a peek inside via one of the handles. They are indeed 8ohm drivers - by Sica.
I've made up a simple diagram of the wiring too using the same colour coding. I'll post it too for the possible aid of others.

Ok last question :huh: :huh: any ideas on what this 1x15 cab should be to be a good match?
I had had my eye on [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140173276631&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004"]this[/url] but I guess it won't do now.. and it was just down the road from me too. :)

Edited by Ou7shined