Why become a member? ×

GK 700rbII failing during my set lastr night

Master blaster

last night i was about 5 songs into a 2 hour set and my amp blew. it just went without any warning. My set up is the gk 700 rbII with a korg rack tuner connected to the tuner output. Going through the effects loop i have a few pedals (big muff, bass balls, oc2 octave and a boss eq).

Does anyone have any ideas what the fault may be? I met a guy who uses and gk 1001rbII and he said hes constantly having to replace fuses in his. as his cuts out at gigs farly often. Could this be the fault with mine? i have a gig next saturday so getting this sorted is highly important :s

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble! I own a 1001RB-II and (touch wood) have had no issues with it so far. Yep, the fuses are a good place to start. I'm assuming here that you've already tried to use the amp since it happened, and that it's still lifeless...

What happened exactly when it cut out? Did the amp feel excessively hot at the time, or were there any burning electrical smells coming from it?

it just cut out. the amp was warm but no more than usuall. the guy i met with the 1001rbII said he has had his since laast april and hes had the fuse go 12 times. I managed to track down the fuse and it seems to be fine now. Im hoping the fuse was just getting a bit old and warn. Ive taped a couple spares onto the inside of the case of the amp now, so if it happens again i sound be able to sort it in a couple mins.