Why become a member? ×

sold please delete - thanks!

jonno1981

[b]Sadowsky Metro MV4- Transparent white, Maple Board, VTC fitted.[/b]
As much as I love this bass I’ve realised I really haven’t played it properly for about 6 months so I may as well turn it back into cash and dig myself out of my overdraft.

It’s approximately 2 1/2 years since I bought it new from Alex at the Bass gallery. He said it had appeared in a review in a UK guitar magazine but I don’t remember exactly which one. It easily sounded the best out of the 6 or 7 metro basses they had at the time.

Since owning it I have gigged it maybe 50 times and used it for a fair amount of recording and practice. It has not been abused, or mistreated, this is a beautifully made instrument and I have done my best to keep it in top order. This is a really light bass too, I don’t have the means to weigh it buts at least 3lbs lighter than my Fender Jazz.

Description

There is minimal fret wear with at least another 3 years of regular playing before it should need a fret dress.

All the tuners are geared fine with no problems with tuning stability.

The back of the neck has a smooth satin finish which has become softer after a couple years of playing. It has no marks or dents anywhere on the neck front or back. It does have two indentations on the end of the headstock caused by an errant cymbal on a very small and dark stage! It’s clearly visible in the pics.

It has the VTC which I had retrofitted last year to take it up to the current spec of Metro basses. Everything works fine with the electronics with no issues, scratchy pots, etc. To those who don’t know the circuit it’s Volume, blend, passive tone (pull for eq bypass) and stacked bass and treble boost. The passive mode sounds great and is a fairly equal volume balance compared to active so it’s totally useable.

It is set up with D’addario 45-105 Nickel wound strings with a fresh set on the bass.

It has a few very minor dings on the body which I will detail. All the dings are tiny knocks in the top layer of lacquer with no heavy clunk marks. You can only see them when you hold the bass at the right angle in direct light.

There is a little ding on the very top side of the bass about 3cm back from the strap button. Its approx 1cm long.

If you really look at the back of bass it has some very minor buckle marks but you have to really be looking for them. When you touch the back of the body you cant feel any indentations at all. The most visible is a scratch about 2 cm long about 6 inches above the control cavity. Again this is only in the clear lacquar and does not go through to the wood.

It comes with the original Sadowsky Foam lightweight case which has stayed in the house since I bought it. When moving it around I have used a Levy’s gigbag as it’s a little easier when walking with it than the rectangular Sadowsky case.

I have used it for most of the recordings you can listen to here: www.myspace.com/heightsuk in particular try Balancing equations, Diabolos, Cryptozoologists field day.

Price wise I am looking for[b] [color="#FF0000"]£1049 [/color][/b]for this bass. If this bass doesn’t sell on here I am going to put it into the bass gallery at a higher price to take into account their commission. I can accept cash, cheque or Paypal. I am located near Reading town centre and buyers are welcome to inspect the bass and try it through an amp. I may consider trades for Aguilar AG500 + cash or Mesa M Pulse 600.

I can ship the bass through UK mail, insured UK shipping is around £20 and it will be thoroughly packaged to survive the rigours of the journey! :)

I have sold goods on here before with good feedback. I shifted my PJB Bass Buddy and also a Korg multi effects not too long ago.

Any questions please ask away, I always try to check back here every night. Send me a PM or reply on this thread.

Ta!

Jonno.

Edited by jonno1981

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...