Why become a member? ×

12th June 2010

ianwild16

Just found out Englands first game of the world cup against the USA is on at 8.30pm on Sat 12th June....which clashes with our gig at a pub in Bolton.
Gonna see if we can set up early, watch the game, then go straight on and obviously play a bit later.
Have you any idea's for England / football songs which we could play?

I've thought of -
Three Lions - Lightining Seeds
We are the Champions - Queen....
Then I've got a bit stuck.

Perhaps some tunes which would fit in with a St Georges Day gig we've got as well...
I'd prefer to keep the tunes 'PC' ish....!

Ta , Ian

[quote name='ianwild16' post='726181' date='Jan 27 2010, 11:49 AM']Just found out Englands first game of the world cup against the USA is on at 8.30pm on Sat 12th June....which clashes with our gig at a pub in Bolton.
Gonna see if we can set up early, watch the game, then go straight on and obviously play a bit later.
Have you any idea's for England / football songs which we could play?

I've thought of -
Three Lions - Lightining Seeds
We are the Champions - Queen....
Then I've got a bit stuck.

Perhaps some tunes which would fit in with a St Georges Day gig we've got as well...
I'd prefer to keep the tunes 'PC' ish....!

Ta , Ian[/quote]

A version of "Vindaloo" would prob go down a storm

We've purposly not arranged gigs on match days, too much risk of atmosphere going flat after the game, plus we can watch 'em all!!!!

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='farmer61' post='726216' date='Jan 27 2010, 12:21 PM']A version of "Vindaloo" would prob go down a storm

We've purposly not arranged gigs on match days, too much risk of atmosphere going flat after the game, plus we can watch 'em all!!!![/quote]

Doesn't that have a bit of fuzz bass in it?

[quote name='farmer61' post='726292' date='Jan 27 2010, 01:20 PM']Don't know tbh, just thinking more along the lines of the chorus.....plus it would only have to be an approximation before people join in...?!?[/quote]

yeah just watched it on youtube....the bass is there. i could see it going down well! Cheers!