Why become a member? ×

FENDER JAZZ Scrach Plate

Hi folks, I have for sale a Fender Jazz scratchplate in pearle white for sale. White-black-white.

Now I don't know what type of Jazz it fits (USA, Mex, Jap, Squier??) because I bought 2 the same type in different colours and fit one to a VM Jazz if that helps, the pearle white one is surplus to requirements so may as well be sold if anybody needs one. I can take some measurements if this helps anybody, shall we say £10 posted....thanks.

hi Dave, yes it is 10 hole no truss rod cut out plate. I bought it from a seller who advertised it as just a fender Jazz plate. It was for my VM fretless Squier Jazz (also bought a torty plate at same time, which I used on my bass, the pearle one is the same) so yes it phisically fits (pickup to neck pocket) a VmJ but weather the holes line up I don't know.

I can accurately measure a few holes so you can check it against yours... front of pickup cutout to ctr of hole at top back corner of neck pocket = 87mm, hole at same dimension but bottom of pickup & bottom neck pocket= 99mm, back of pickup c/out at top to adjasent level hole= 25mm, hole at same dimension but level at bottom pickup cutout= 41mm, ctr of hole at bottom of neck pocket to ctr of hole dirrectly bellow it= 86mm. hope this helps...Nick

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='719428' date='Jan 20 2010, 06:48 PM']hi Dave, yes it is 10 hole no truss rod cut out plate. I bought it from a seller who advertised it as just a fender Jazz plate. It was for my VM fretless Squier Jazz (also bought a torty plate at same time, which I used on my bass, the pearle one is the same) so yes it phisically fits (pickup to neck pocket) a VmJ but weather the holes line up I don't know.

I can accurately measure a few holes so you can check it against yours... front of pickup cutout to ctr of hole at top back corner of neck pocket = 87mm, hole at same dimension but bottom of pickup & bottom neck pocket= 99mm, back of pickup c/out at top to adjasent level hole= 25mm, hole at same dimension but level at bottom pickup cutout= 41mm, ctr of hole at bottom of neck pocket to ctr of hole dirrectly bellow it= 86mm. hope this helps...Nick[/quote]
OK, those measurements look very close on my CV Jazz - so I'll take a punt on it.

PM sent - well it will be sent in a minute when I actually write it.