Why become a member? ×

In ear monitoring for small bands...

ben604

Just a quick question. Would this work/be sensible:

3 x Vocal Mics + Bass Pod + 1 x mic for stage sound (drums not mic'd and guitar amps have no DI outs) no FOH output

into mixer

AUX out into heaphone amp for in ear monitoring

Main outs into PA

We're only a small band, playing small gigs, but I'm keen to keep the amount of gear we have to hire/lug around to gigs to a minimum and taking a couple of monitors and a bass amp out of the equation seem like a good place to start?

Anyone else do anything similar or am I being ridiculous?

Edited by ben604

[quote name='ben604' post='715669' date='Jan 17 2010, 02:02 PM']Just a quick question. Would this work/be sensible:

3 x Vocal Mics + Bass Pod + 1 x mic for stage sound (drums not mic'd and guitar amps have no DI outs) no FOH output

into mixer

AUX out into heaphone amp for in ear monitoring

Main outs into PA

We're only a small band, playing small gigs, but I'm keen to keep the amount of gear we have to hire/lug around to gigs to a minimum and taking a couple of monitors and a bass amp out of the equation seem like a good place to start?

Anyone else do anything similar or am I being ridiculous?[/quote]
It might, but you need good phones for the bass monitoring and it is funny how a bass amp shifting some air and flapping your trousers affects the feel - It's why I ended up getting the MB combo, because drummer & guitard moaned the feel was missing, even with monitors (floor noy IEM) replacing the bass amp.