Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Electro-Acoustic - For Trade / Sale

EddHytheTown

Up for Trade / Sale is my Ibanez EWB10ASEOBK 1201 Electro-Acoustic Bass.

[u]The official blurb:[/u]
Ibanez EWB10ASEOBK Specifications:
* OptionalSpecs: 4-String Bass
* Body Shape: EW Body w/Cutaway
* Neck: Mahogany Neck
* GtrTop: Figured Ash Body
* Rosette: Abalone Rosette
* Tuners: Ibanez Chrome Die-Cast
* Pickup: Fishman® Sonicore® Pickup
* Electronics: Ibanez AEQ-SST Shape Shifter™ Preamp with Onboard Tuner
* Outputs: Balanced 1/4" and XLR Outputs
* Fretboard: Rosewood Bridge and Fretboard
* Saddle: Ivorex II ™ Nut and Saddle
* Bridge Pins: Advantage™ Bridge Pins
* Strings: D'Addario® EXP™ Strings
* Scale: 34" Scale
* Finish : Black Open Pore Low Gloss Finish

I just dont play it enough, and want it to go to somebody who will.

In terms of trade I would be very interested in a Warwick (with cash from me to make up a difference if required), but will consider other offers.

The bass is in good condition, with some minor nicks in the back of the neck. I have taken some photos amd can try and take some more detailed ones if required but my camera isn't the best.
[attachment=40240:DSCF0614.jpg] [attachment=40241:DSCF0616.jpg] [attachment=40242:DSCF0617.jpg ][attachment=40244:DSCF0628.jpg]

Edited by EddHytheTown

Just a feeler, how'd you fancy a headless Hohner B2? I've just received as part of a trade, it works passively via XLR, seems active circuitry may need some attention?

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Pete :)

[quote name='EddHytheTown' post='714243' date='Jan 15 2010, 07:43 PM']Up for trade is my Ibanez EWB10ASEOBK 1201 Electro-Acoustic Bass.

[u]The official blurb:[/u]
Ibanez EWB10ASEOBK Specifications:
* OptionalSpecs: 4-String Bass
* Body Shape: EW Body w/Cutaway
* Neck: Mahogany Neck
* GtrTop: Figured Ash Body
* Rosette: Abalone Rosette
* Tuners: Ibanez Chrome Die-Cast
* Pickup: Fishman® Sonicore® Pickup
* Electronics: Ibanez AEQ-SST Shape Shifter™ Preamp with Onboard Tuner
* Outputs: Balanced 1/4" and XLR Outputs
* Fretboard: Rosewood Bridge and Fretboard
* Saddle: Ivorex II ™ Nut and Saddle
* Bridge Pins: Advantage™ Bridge Pins
* Strings: D'Addario® EXP™ Strings
* Scale: 34" Scale
* Finish : Black Open Pore Low Gloss Finish

I just dont play it enough, and want it to go to somebody who will.
I am interested in a Musicman SUB, Warwick Corvette Standard and Headless basses particularly but I'm aware I might need to add some cash for any of these.
I'm open to other offers as well.

The bass is in good condition, with some minor nicks in the back of the neck. I have taken some photos amd can try and take some more detailed ones if required but my camera isn't the best.
[attachment=40240:DSCF0614.jpg] [attachment=40241:DSCF0616.jpg] [attachment=40242:DSCF0617.jpg ][attachment=40244:DSCF0628.jpg][/quote]

Hi,
That is just the kind of bass I would be interested in, however I would rather not have to pay to have some work done on it e.g the active circuit, as it would be something I don't know how to do myself.
Although if it were just a very simple soldering job or something like that, It wouldn't be too much a problem.

Cheers,
Edd

[quote name='EddHytheTown' post='714716' date='Jan 16 2010, 11:59 AM']Hi,
That is just the kind of bass I would be interested in, however I would rather not have to pay to have some work done on it e.g the active circuit, as it would be something I don't know how to do myself.
Although if it were just a very simple soldering job or something like that, It wouldn't be too much a problem.

Cheers,
Edd[/quote]

Like I say I received this as part of a trade yesterday, on closer inspection there's a blue wire that has become detached from what i can only think must be the battery compartment - looks like it needs soldering back on - I'm fairly handy with soldering iron but am a wee bit uncertain as to where exactly it goes (having never seen one of these in the flesh before). I'll try and do some research, one of my mate's is a luthier/guitar tech for a well known blues guitarist so perhaps I'll run it by him (if he's got time!)

All the best,
Pete :)

[quote name='EddHytheTown' post='715458' date='Jan 17 2010, 09:57 AM']Yeah sure,

Well if it is a fairly simple problem like that, and you or your friend could deal with it without too much trouble then I would be very interested.

Thanks,
Edd[/quote]

Cheers Edd, I'll keep you posted.

Regards, Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='jimmybass04' post='734603' date='Feb 3 2010, 11:00 PM']hi there, do you have a selling price for this bass. cheers jimmy.[/quote]

Hi, at the moment I'm looking for a trade only.
If perhaps in a while no trades have come about I may update it with a for sale price.

[quote name='spaz91' post='735119' date='Feb 4 2010, 03:12 PM']Could I interest you in a Kramer Focus 7000?[/quote]

Perhaps, do you have any photos of the bass?

Aha,
Just seen your thread.
Not particularly interested though sorry.

Edited by EddHytheTown

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,
Playing acoustically I have found that when playing fingerstyle, you do struggle to match an acoustic guitar. But, when playing with a pick it is much better.
I'm not sure what postage would be at the moment, also the gig bag I have for it is a pretty flimsy thing, more for transport than protection so I worry how it would stand up to be posted.
Edd

Pity, I would love this bass. I'm not sure if I would trust postage either. I am very interested, this is a reasonable amount of bass for the money (and I love that finish!). If you can't find any way of shipping I'd be happy to do something weird like pay extra for you to get a hard case or something but that's a lot more effort for you. Any ideas?
Harry

It does have a lovely finish but I just can't get to grips (excuse the pun) with the neck profile; I find it a bit too fat.
If you are that interested, I shouldn't think it would be all that difficult to find a good hard case and agree on the price, then perhaps an independent courier or something like that.
It's a long way from South Manchester to where I am in the South East so a collection would be pretty inconvenient.
The only other thing is I have a friend who has family in Manchester, but I have no idea when he would be next visiting or anything like that and I can't really ask him to drive up just to deliver a bass.
Edd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...