Why become a member? ×

Jackson C5A five string - SOLD!!

Conan

As the title says!

Bought about ten years ago for £549 from Sound Control in Newcastle. My first five-string...

It plays well and has a good, clean tone, but its just not "my" tone! So rather that sit gathering dust under my bed (the guitar, not me!) I would far rather it went to someone who would use it!

Comes in its original hard case.

I think [b]£180[/b] would be about fair, don't you?!

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' post='703010' date='Jan 6 2010, 04:05 PM']As the title says!

Bought about ten years ago for £549 from Sound Control in Newcastle. My first five-string...

It plays well and has a good, clean tone, but its just not "my" tone! So rather that sit gathering dust under my bed (the guitar, not me!) I would far rather it went to someone who would use it!

Comes in its original hard case.

I think [b]£200[/b] would be about fair, don't you?![/quote]

Would you be able to post or is it collection only?

[quote name='Minimal Penguin' post='704783' date='Jan 7 2010, 09:11 PM']Would you be able to post or is it collection only?[/quote]

I could certainly post it - at your expense of course!!

If you're interested, PM me with your details and we can discuss it. I'll package it up and give you mass and dimensions so you can get an accurate quote...

I already have suitable cardboard boxing to wrap it securely. Your call.

Well, Charla's been and gone (nice guy by the way!) but the bass is still available!

He's even taken the time to set it up with a nice low action so it plays better than before. It's now even MORE of a bargain! So come on people, make me an offer!!

Edited by Conan

I am finding it difficult to decide whether this bass is `right for me' as a third 5'er to string E to C. However, this bass is a bargain, anyone wanting to venture into 5's should consider this.

Geoff will also look after you whilst you're there; don't worry he doesn't look anything like his profile picture!

Cheers

Charla

Cheers mate!

If the Jackson doesn't make it's reserve price on ebay I will leave it listed on here. I know its a buyer's market at the moment, but I'm almost giving this guitar away!!

Back-up bass anyone? Gift for a teenager wanting to graduate to five strings? Customisation project? Or just a good, honest mid-range instrument to add to your collection?!

Christ, I'd never make a salesman would I?! :) :rolleyes:

So... with less than one minute remaining on the auction clock someone bid £150, which was the reserve price. Mixed feelings I have to admit! Pleased it's sold, but disappointed it didn't make more money... :)

Clearly it's not a seller's market at the moment!

Charla, if you'd offered me £150 cash we could have both had a great deal!!

Such is life I guess. :rolleyes: