Why become a member? ×

One Octave Arpeggios & Exercises

Oscar South

I made this sheet up for a friend, its one octave shapes for 4 types of 7th arpeggio in all inversions and some guidance about how to practise them with a couple of simple exersises.

I figured it might be useful to a few people on here so I'll post it up for you to download:
[url="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/134504/One%20Octave%20Arpeggios%20%26%20Exercises.pdf"]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/134504/One%20Octav...20Exercises.pdf[/url]

Enjoy.

Edited by Oscar South

Oscar - I hate to appear critical, especially when you have gone to the trouble of posting this stuff. And BTW, I think we need more of this type of thing on the forum (I intend to start a "Major's Bass Boot Camp" series very soon).

BUT
You appear to have left all the default enharmonics in your examples ie the D# and A# when they should be written as Eb and Bb. This is one of the problems that appears in most music writing software when you don't put the correct key signature in or if he piece modulates away from a starting key.
And if not corrected, it makes the part harder to read, or even confusing, for those new to music reading.

Arpeggios also look wrong if the notes are not in the right place ie on a line when they should be in a space or vice versa.

Believe me, I have spent hours correcting enharmonics in my computer written scores over the years. So I tend to be constantly on the look out for them.

Again sorry to appear niggley !

The Major

[quote name='Major-Minor' post='687572' date='Dec 17 2009, 06:16 PM']Oscar - I hate to appear critical, especially when you have gone to the trouble of posting this stuff. And BTW, I think we need more of this type of thing on the forum (I intend to start a "Major's Bass Boot Camp" series very soon).

BUT
You appear to have left all the default enharmonics in your examples ie the D# and A# when they should be written as Eb and Bb. This is one of the problems that appears in most music writing software when you don't put the correct key signature in or if he piece modulates away from a starting key.
And if not corrected, it makes the part harder to read, or even confusing, for those new to music reading.

Arpeggios also look wrong if the notes are not in the right place ie on a line when they should be in a space or vice versa.

Believe me, I have spent hours correcting enharmonics in my computer written scores over the years. So I tend to be constantly on the look out for them.

Again sorry to appear niggley !

The Major[/quote]

Heh no prob, to be honest I didn't even think about it, I usually work off score but the guy I wrote it out for doesn't read so I just stuck it in the tablature, should have turned the notation off as it wasn't really relevent. I also spotted a mistake or two.

I'll update it though so that its correct on here.

Edited by Oscar South