Why become a member? ×

Feedback for TGEvans

happynoj

• 1 year later...
Guest johnzgerman

After a long time wondering if anyone else would buy it before i had the chance to get to Wales, I recently bought Mr. Evans' G&L L2500, hes a genuine chap and a pleasure to deal with, the bass was exactly as described and is imaculate, i would'nt hesitate to deal with him again and would recommend him to anyone else thinking of doing so. Cheers mate.

• 2 years later...

***Negative feedback***

I bought a Lexicon Reflex rack reverb unit from Tom and I WISH I could say the same as the above about my experience. But.....

The unit arrived dead. It passes through the 'dry' signal well enough but try to blend in the 'wet' signal (the reverb itself. And all you get is crazy loud nasty digital distortion. I literally too it from the postman's hands, unpacked it and plugged it in and no dice!

I messaged Tom explaining the unit was received faulty and basically got told it's my problem. He hadn't bothered to take out any insurance on the package and told me it was working at his end. Suggested that either it was broken in transit or I broke it!!!!

I wasted £50 on a door stop. This is an old unit with very specific digital components and I cannot therefore get it fixed.

He refused to give me my money back then eventually said he would give me half. I accepted the offer hoping to get something back. He then started to take ages to reply giving excuses about travelling for work for weeks and can't do the transfer until he's back in the UK. And he has now gone completely quite on me and ignored my last few emails.

This guy took my £50 MONTHS ago, sent me a unit that arrived as nothing more than a poorly designed hammer to my door, told me it was my problem then disappeared.

I think it's pretty obvious that I would advise against any dealings with this user.

I have told the user that I do not want my money back and to forget the whole thing as, frankly, £50 is a fair price for me not to have to go through the bother of trying to communicate with this man any more.

Edited by Ashwood1985

Yes guys that's exactly what happened.As if.Could get at least ten people on here to vouch for me.And you know I insured it,but someone did not sign for it his end.Going to give your refund to Marie Curie as you don't want it as you say.Basschat Mods know the score on this issue.T

Oh so you respond instantly on here when it takes weeks to respond to my emails....?

You haven't noted items of my account that you care to refute. Just stating a generic statement of 'as if' doesn't do anything to discredit my authentic detailing of events.

The posty didn't ask for any signature - if the Royal Mail didn't provide the service you paid for then that's between you and them. You simply told me 'I'm alright Jack' and done one.

I won't be rechecking this thread or communicating about his any more as I find the whole affair upsetting.

Ash

Edited by Ashwood1985

It looks like this has escalated but I would just like to add that I've known Tim for many years.

I can honestly say that Tim would rather key his own car than deal dodgy gear. He cares for his kit like any serious gear head, I'm not sure whats gone wrong here but I would advise standing back and reflecting as the trading intentions of TGEvans would have been 100% honest. The amount of money on the table doesnt really warrant public arguments.

It looks tomme that a more than generous compromise had been offered. Accept the incident has happened and learn from it.

Seriously, life is too short

Edited by Voodoosnake

I never said he sold me a dodgy unit - all I know is how it landed at my door.

I am not arguing here. The reason for me going public with this is that I was offered the the half refund on 12th April and then two and a half months of me chasing him ensued with no refund in sight. Only the occasional response saying this or that is going on and it'll be done soon. So nearly three months into me chasing the agreed compensation I simply had enough and wanted to put it to bed and move on: like you say.

The fact remains that if I was doing a deal with someone that had dealt with another user in this way then I would want to know it to take into consideration.

I have not offered any of my opinion in the matter - that would be innappropriate and unfair as it is a feedback thread. I have simply offered factual information as to my experience with the user. Which is surely what this section of the forum is for..?

Edited by Ashwood1985