Why become a member? ×

FS / FT GALLIEN-KRUEGER Fusion 550 Valve Head 410 SBX-II / 115 SBX-II

born2lose

Hi guys!

I'm looking to trade my stack as follows for a GALLIEN-KRUEGER 2001RB + 410 RBH cabinet with 4 Ohms.

GALLIEN-KRUEGER Fusion 550 Hybrid Bass Head (bought Dec 2009 at THOMANN Germany and still has over 2 years of warranty. Never gigged, like new!)
GALLIEN-KRUEGER 410 SBX-II cab (400W / 8 Ohms)
GALLIEN-KRUEGER 115 SBX-II cab (200W / 8 Ohms)

I am not interested in any other gear to buy or trade. If you have a 2001RB and a 410RBH with 4 Ohms, please let me know.
If you are interested in purchasing the whole stack or single components, please let me know aswell.

I'm asking 850€ shipped for the FUSION 550 head and 400€ for each cab + shipping.

My Email is [email protected]

Thanks and best regards, Uwe

Coming to the dark side of the 2001RB i see! Why you wanna get rid of your Fusion?

[quote name='born2lose' post='684250' date='Dec 14 2009, 05:56 PM']Hi guys!

I'm looking to trade my stack as follows for a GALLIEN-KRUEGER 2001RB + 410 RBH cabinet with 4 Ohms.

GALLIEN-KRUEGER Fusion 550 Hybrid Bass Head (bought Dec 2009 at THOMANN Germany and still has over 2 years of warranty. Never gigged, like new!)
GALLIEN-KRUEGER 410 SBX-II cab (400W / 8 Ohms)
GALLIEN-KRUEGER 115 SBX-II cab (200W / 8 Ohms)

I am not interested in any other gear to buy or trade. If you have a 2001RB and a 410RBH with 4 Ohms, please let me know.
If you are interested in purchasing the whole stack or single components, please let me know aswell.

I'm asking 850€ shipped for the FUSION 550 head and 400€ for each cab + shipping.

My Email is [email protected]

Thanks and best regards, Uwe[/quote]

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='684419' date='Dec 14 2009, 09:14 PM']Coming to the dark side of the 2001RB i see! Why you wanna get rid of your Fusion?[/quote]

I actually love the Fusion head and I really don't want to part. The only thing I want to sell it is because I does not provide me enough power to cut through. In my current set up, it delivers me 250W to each cab, which is simply not enough for me. That is actually the point.

Blimey! The 550 doesn't 'cut through'? Your on-stage mix must be ludicrously loud...it might not be your amp which is at fault.

I have a 2001RB and the level of power is absolutely vicious: into my 3x10 and 2x12 cabs together anything beyond about half causes serious internal disturbance. I only bought it in order to have the biggest most powerful thing around. My on-stage mix is sometimes ear-splittingly loud and the 2001 with 2 cabs is still overkill by a factor too large to compute. And it is immensely heavy - putting it onto the top of a stack at 1.8m up is pretty back-breaking.

I wish you well in your search if you really want one but from extensive personal experience I cannot imagine a situation where you actually [i]need[/i] one.

They are brilliant fun though. For this reason mine is not available! :)

All the best!

Jon

I am using the FUSION 550 in combination with two cabs (410 SBX/ 115 SBX-II), both 400W / 8 Ohm, so every speaker gets 250W (4 Ohm total load / 500W). I noticed that the fuse of the cabs seem to glow after half an hour of playing with master at 1/2 and gain at 1/4. Plus, the speaker somehow the cabs start to rattle and cause some distortion even if gain in volume is very low. I thought that the cabs last for 400W each, so this should not be a speaker problem.

So, what might be the reason for this? I am using a Modulus Flea Bass 4, setting the input to 'Active'. I also tried to set it to 'Passive', but after a while, the cabs start to clip again.

The cabs are fine and sound awesome a 'low' volume, but when it gets to 12' o clock and half an hour playing, the seem to blur and rattle and the inside of the cabs look like thunder :)