Why become a member? ×

Anyone Used Ampeg 200/330w Combos?

moonoid

Im thinking of buying one of the following;

Ampeg BA300-210 Combo

Ampeg BA210 Combo

Has anyone got either of these and what do you think of them? There are reviews on the net but I wonder how reliable they are. I tried the 200w Ampeg combo in a shop but it had a 15" speaker. It sounded good but not sure what two 10" would be like. Our band has a big PA so it's more for the "stage sound".

I'd appreciate any advice!

Cheers

Eddie

[quote name='bigjohn' post='683869' date='Dec 14 2009, 12:30 PM']I'm tellin ya, this is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70070&st=0"]the one[/url]![/quote]

Hello Bigjohn

It does look interesting! How old is the amp? Is it US made? I was just concerned about the lack of power, though this can be misleading of course. Nottingham wouldn't be a problem as our band's road crew is based in Sheffield and I live in Manchester.

Eddie

[quote name='moonoid' post='684029' date='Dec 14 2009, 02:28 PM']Hello Bigjohn

It does look interesting! How old is the amp? Is it US made? I was just concerned about the lack of power, though this can be misleading of course. Nottingham wouldn't be a problem as our band's road crew is based in Sheffield and I live in Manchester.

Eddie[/quote]

It's about 12 years old I think. Maybe a little older. Made back in the day when men where men, amps were amps and Ampegs were entirely US made. It's still in A1 condition.

It's easy as loud as a BA210. Easy. It also sounds better :) It was Ampeg's flagship combo when it was new.

Not sure about the BA300 or the newer Chinese BA series. They seem much louder and lighter than their old US counterparts.