Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Something like the ibanez K5

joyousjake

I had a go on the ibanez k5 at GAK the other day and really enjoyed the feel of the neck and weight/ feel of the bass as a whole. Not wishing to advertise the fact i was a Korn fanboy i asked the guy in the shop if there was another model like it and he confidently told me it was quite unique - not even another ibanez 5 string was like it. I find this a little hard to believe and felt this was a blatently obvious attempt to get me to buy the bass there and then.

Does anyone know of a bass similar to the K5? What was the K5 modelled on?

[quote name='joyousjake' post='681444' date='Dec 11 2009, 03:42 PM']Does anyone know of a bass similar to the K5? What was the K5 modelled on?[/quote]
Like maxrossell says, it's very similar to the SR range, but the electronics appear to be substantially different. The K5 has active pups and a sweepable mid in the preamp. Chances are the K5 will sound pretty different, but the only way to be sure is to compare one to an SR. Or find someone who's played a K5 and a few SRs and ask them.

Edited by BottomEndian