Why become a member? ×

Fender 1979 Precision All Original.++SOLD Pending++

phsycoandy

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='692638' date='Dec 23 2009, 10:20 PM']At the risk of being a dreadful pedant.... is that serial number not more like 1980?

Anyhoo... I have a Precision Fretless of very similar vintage and the sound is incredible. Like nothing else - it totally belies (or proves) the simplicity of the design. If only I could play fretless. I would say the price is about right for one in such good condition. About right.. not cheap though :)[/quote]There is certainly some contention over the actual age of manufacture in this period, Im just going by the serial number which seems like the obvious datum recognisable point.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to pick this one up and it has just arrived today. As advertised it was in mint condition and is just beautiful. I'm a little disappointed in a way as I was looking for a nice P to be my back up bass but now its hanging on the wall and I'm almost too scared to play it in case I scratch it!

Just want to say publicly that phsycoandy was a pleasure to do business with, many thanks!