Why become a member? ×

Mystery Combo

2pods

About six or seven years ago when I worked in a music shop, we had this little blue carpeted combo with, I think a 10" or 12", (though I'm convinced it was a "10") which sounded great even though it was only about 60w.

Although I was gigging a Trace stack at the time, for house practices etc I was using a really crappy 30w Marshall, and this little blue thing blew it and every other baby amp away ! It sounded like a 15" combo with "proper" bottom and punch, having none of the boxiness of the usual combos in the 60-100w range.

I should have bought it (not least 'cos I would get a discount :) ) but I demoed every shop bass through it and eventually sold it. Ever since then I keep trying to remember what it was. I think it was a Yorkville or Maine (these could have been the same makes- I can't remember). I've had another nice "mini" amp since then which reminded me of it, but that was a EA 1AMP350 combo, considerably more power, and more loot. If anything It seems to have been something like the Mark Bass or Phil Jones stuff now. I wish I knew what it was, cos I'd buy one

Now I'm not gigging anymore, I'd like a nice light 8" or 10" combo with a bit of the same sound for messing about with, but without getting into the realms of MB, PJ,etc Is there anything available that sounds like the above ?

Edited by 2pods

[quote name='Musky' post='675487' date='Dec 6 2009, 10:32 AM']One of these maybe? [url="http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?cat=33&type=71&id=80"]http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?cat=...pe=71&id=80[/url][/quote]

That looks as if it is.
It's a pity there is no UK distributor according to their list :)