Why become a member? ×

Alesis RA150 - suddenly no output

Dodge

Hi folks,

My RA150 has just crapped out on me - I wasn't driving it remotely hard, but all of a sudden the output completely cut out. The mains light remained on, but power cycling it hasn't done anything. There's usually a click from an internal relay after a couple of seconds when it powers up but it no longer does it.

Any ideas? This is my second (and probably now my last) Alesis amp. The last one failed with a dead channel. :)

[quote name='Dodge' post='672945' date='Dec 3 2009, 10:41 AM']Hi folks,

My RA150 has just crapped out on me - I wasn't driving it remotely hard, but all of a sudden the output completely cut out. The mains light remained on, but power cycling it hasn't done anything. There's usually a click from an internal relay after a couple of seconds when it powers up but it no longer does it.

Any ideas? This is my second (and probably now my last) Alesis amp. The last one failed with a dead channel. :)[/quote]

The delay when powering up is the soft start circuit which is normal with high power amps. Sounds like that is not working, there may be a fuse.

Dave

Edited by DHA

Thanks Dave,

I'm suspecting the relay is playing up - it's been working again, and tapping the top of the amp causes the relay to click off and on intermittently and cutting the output.

In my limited experience, I've never heard of an intermittent relay but I'll replace it and see what happens.

Ta