Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Crown XS700 power amp - thanks Rob!

Mace

EDIT EDIT: SOLD, THANKS ROB!!

For sale, my XS700 power amp:

Here's the technical stuff...

The Xs Series of power amplifiers from Crown represents a new era in affordable, quality switch-mode power amplification. The line consists of four models in a uniform, rugged 2U chassis, incorporating the best of tried-and-true design principles and innovative features.

The Xs Series of power amplifiers from Crown represents a new era in affordable, quality power amplification. The line consists of five models in a uniform, rugged 2U chassis, incorporating the best of tried-and-true design principles and innovative features. Xs Series amplifiers are professional stereo power amplifiers engineered to meet demanding audio requirements - reliably and within budget. Every Xs Series amplifier is backed by Crown's unequaled Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty.

Power Output for Xs700:

* 2-ohm Dual (per ch.): 900W
* 4-ohm Dual (per ch.): 750W
* 8-ohm Dual (per ch.): 450W
* 4-ohm Bridge: 1900W
* 8-ohm Bridge: 1645W
[i]
Features:

* Housed in a rugged, all-steel 2U chassis
* Efficient forced-air fan prevents excessive thermal buildup
* 2-channel models have XLR-1/4" combo and Phoenix-style inputs, daisy-chain XLR outputs, touch-proof binding post outputs and Speakon outputs.
* Precision detented level controls, power switch, and eight LEDs which indicate signal and clip for each channel, power, AC mains, bridge mode, temperature and fault conditions
* Microprocessor-controlled protection system

Specifications:

* Sensitivity (volts RMS) for full rated power at 4 ohms: 1.4V
* Frequency Response (at 1 watt) 22 Hz to 22 kHz: ±1 dB
* Phase Response (degrees at 1 watt, 20 Hz to 20 kHz): +5°, –18°
* Signal-to-Noise Ratio: A-weighted, below rated power: > 102 dB; 22Hz to 22kHz, below rated power: > 97 dB
* Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) at full bandwidth power, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz: < 0.5%
* Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1): From full rated output to –40 dB: < 1%; From full rated output to –30 dB: < 0.5%
* Damping Factor (8 ohm) 10 Hz to 400 Hz: > 200
* Crosstalk at 1 kHz, 20 kHz (below rated power): > 65 dB, > 45 dB
* Voltage Gain (at maximum level setting): 47.4:1 (33.5 dB)
* AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available (±10%): 120VAC/60 Hz and 240VAC/50 Hz.

Indicators:

* Signal: Two or four green LEDs, one for each channel, illuminates when the channel's input signal level is above –40 dBu.
* Clip: Two or four front-panel red LEDs, one for each channel, illuminates when the channel's output signal is being overdriven.
* Power: Yellow front-panel LED indicates amplifier has been turned on and AC power is available.
* AC Mains: Red front-panel LED indicates the presence of AC power at the power cord, even if the amplifier is not turned on.
* Fault: Red front-panel LED illuminates whenamplifier is in protect mode. Also illuminates briefly during normal power-up when amplifier is first switched on.
* Bridge: Yellow LED indicates that amplifier is in bridge mode.
* Temp: Red LED indicates that channel(s) are in thermal protect mode.

Construction:

* Ventilation: Flow-through ventilation from front to back.
* Cooling: Internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling for rapid, uniform heat dissipation.
* Air Volume Requirements (per minute per unit): 80.15 ft³ (2.27 m³).
* Dimensions: EIA Standard 19 inch (48.3 cm) rack mount width (EIA RS-310-:), 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) height and 17.14 inch (43.5 cm) depth behind the mounting surface.
* Weight: 28 lb 14 oz (13.1 kg). [/i]

My set up using this was my X3 Live as a pre, the XS700 as the power and my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67987"]Ampeg 4x10[/url] to throw it! Never turned it up past 10 o'clock and was seriously loud enough then - a cracking rig!

I'll get some photos up ASAP, will also include the 2U flightcase [url="http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/music/typeproducts2.asp?id=2836-2577"](just like this one)[/url] which it's lived in from new

Looking for £300 plus postage or you're welcome to collect, any takers?

Cheers

Edited by ieuanmacey

ieuan,
very intrested in amp, will pm you but just need to clarify a few things first.
let me tell you about our set up first, and if others can clarify and shed some light and help, feel free.
2 X bass bins rated at 350w RMS @ 8ohms
2 X 15" Full range Cabs rated @ 350w RMS @ 8ohms
we connect up from amp to bass bins then to full range tops, we are currently using one of Maplins 1600w power amps.
the problem is sometimes it can sound distorted when turned up, and ideally we could do with an amp that would run @2ohms as we really would like to add another ser of full range speakers on top (2 X 12 Full range cabs rated at 300w RMS @ 8ohms)
would your amp run our present speakers with no problems (2 X 15"bass 2 X 15"full range) This I think will run @ 4ohms?
and would it run the system ive suggested (2X 15" bass, 2 X 15" full range, and 2 X 12" full range.) I think this way woul run @ 2ohms?
sorry for the silly questions but where not technically minded when it comes to this kind of stuff, but we like to do our own sound etc.
The problems ive explained to our system im sure derive from the amp we are using, and i know it wont run @2ohms. let me know your thoughts, and anyone that reads this post
regards
tony

Edited by teaser360

[quote name='teaser360' post='675712' date='Dec 6 2009, 02:19 PM']ieuan,
very intrested in amp, will pm you but just need to clarify a few things first.
let me tell you about our set up first, and if others can clarify and shed some light and help, feel free.
2 X bass bins rated at 350w RMS @ 8ohms
2 X 15" Full range Cabs rated @ 350w RMS @ 8ohms
we connect up from amp to bass bins then to full range tops, we are currently using one of Maplins 1600w power amps.
the problem is sometimes it can sound distorted when turned up, and ideally we could do with an amp that would run @2ohms as we really would like to add another ser of full range speakers on top (2 X 12 Full range cabs rated at 300w RMS @ 8ohms)
would your amp run our present speakers with no problems (2 X 15"bass 2 X 15"full range) This I think will run @ 4ohms?
and would it run the system ive suggested (2X 15" bass, 2 X 15" full range, and 2 X 12" full range.) I think this way woul run @ 2ohms?
sorry for the silly questions but where not technically minded when it comes to this kind of stuff, but we like to do our own sound etc.
The problems ive explained to our system im sure derive from the amp we are using, and i know it wont run @2ohms. let me know your thoughts, and anyone that reads this post
regards
tony[/quote]

Ooof! Not sure I'm the best person to answer that sorry but will ty my best

My [url="http://www.therinkydinks.com"]ukulele band[/url] have used the amp to drive a pair of 8ohm JBL EON 1500's - we're 5 vocals and DI'd/mic'd up another 3 ukes, my bass and a small drum kit and there was serious headroom to spare - granted it was a restaurant gig as opposed to a full on pub affair but it worked a treat for us then - we got asked to turn it down!!

Here's a [url="http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.CRW-XS700"]link to the webpage with the manual on it[/url] which may help, my feeling is that it would work for you as I think you're correct re the ohmage (at 2ohms the amp would give you would give you 900W RMS per channel, that's pretty loud!)..

Can anyone else off any assistance?!

Cheers