Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mesa Boogie Basis M2000

Snarf

Sold.

It's a Mesa Boogie Basis M2000: 2 channels (1 tube, 1 solid state), 600 watts of meaty, punchy goodness. Each channel features its own eq, gain, volume, compression and has like, 84 different things on the back that I've never really played with. This is the best sounding amp I've ever owned even if I don't know how to use it properly!

The condition is not too bad, but has seen some use. The front and back panels look in good condition and it's been kept in a Black Rat rack case most of the time I've owned it. The footboard is a bit temperamental, but apart from this everything is ok. I haven't had it serviced since I've owned it though.

I will also include the rack case with this amp.

SOLD.

Here's some info from the Mesa website -

Simul-State™ exists at the Vortex of tube and MOS FET technology. Simul-State operates as a power block of tube-driven MOS FETs providing lightweight, high power, two-space portability. More than a token 12AX7, this scheme is the BASIS for a whole new sound. Viewed from the helm, the pilot sees two fully evolved preamps - one tube, one solid state. Each channel includes a complete set of five rotary controls, a 9-band auto assignable Graphic EQ, Bright switches and dedicated shelving compression. The tube channel is equipped with a high-gain overdrive mode; the solid state channel includes a semi-parametric bass filter that can be selected for four or five string instruments, tuning the lows for your fundamental.

Footswitching goes beyond mere channel selection: The M-2000 brings the two channels together to personalize a new sound - all yours - when you call up a blend in the Mix Mode. A pan control, front and center, determines the ratio of the preamp channels. For example, use the Mix Mode to combine the clean focus of the Field Effect Channel with a touch of overdrive Gain from the Tube Channel. Or any combination. Shelving compression per channel allows you to select the frequency and determine the ratio, thus expanding the menu of Mix Mode options. So many possibilities...get the Field Effect pumping, leave the Tube side fully dynamic and blend to taste.

An FX Loop with adjustable crossover frequency lets you add effects where you want them and keep the rest of the spectrum pure. It also doubles as an output source for bi-amping. A massive toroidal power transformer supplies 12 musically industrial MOS FETs mounted in a fan cooled heat sink tunnel for 2000 watts of peak power. RMS rating exceeds 600 watts into 4 ohms.

[url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Basis_M-2000/basis_m-2000.html"]http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out...sis_m-2000.html[/url]

Edited by Snarf

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Snarf' post='672135' date='Dec 2 2009, 02:53 PM']Up for sale is my beloved Mesa bass head. Unfortunately it's got to go as I need to fix my car. :)

It's a Mesa Boogie Basis M2000: 2 channels (1 tube, 1 solid state), 600 watts of meaty, punchy goodness. Each channel features its own eq, gain, volume, compression and has like, 84 different things on the back that I've never really played with. This is the best sounding amp I've ever owned even if I don't know how to use it properly!

The condition is not too bad, but has seen some use. The front and back panels look in good condition and it's been kept in a Black Rat rack case most of the time I've owned it. The footboard is a bit temperamental, but apart from this everything is ok. I haven't had it serviced since I've owned it though.

I will also include the rack case with this amp.

£450

Here's some info from the Mesa website -

Simul-State™ exists at the Vortex of tube and MOS FET technology. Simul-State operates as a power block of tube-driven MOS FETs providing lightweight, high power, two-space portability. More than a token 12AX7, this scheme is the BASIS for a whole new sound. Viewed from the helm, the pilot sees two fully evolved preamps - one tube, one solid state. Each channel includes a complete set of five rotary controls, a 9-band auto assignable Graphic EQ, Bright switches and dedicated shelving compression. The tube channel is equipped with a high-gain overdrive mode; the solid state channel includes a semi-parametric bass filter that can be selected for four or five string instruments, tuning the lows for your fundamental.

Footswitching goes beyond mere channel selection: The M-2000 brings the two channels together to personalize a new sound - all yours - when you call up a blend in the Mix Mode. A pan control, front and center, determines the ratio of the preamp channels. For example, use the Mix Mode to combine the clean focus of the Field Effect Channel with a touch of overdrive Gain from the Tube Channel. Or any combination. Shelving compression per channel allows you to select the frequency and determine the ratio, thus expanding the menu of Mix Mode options. So many possibilities...get the Field Effect pumping, leave the Tube side fully dynamic and blend to taste.

An FX Loop with adjustable crossover frequency lets you add effects where you want them and keep the rest of the spectrum pure. It also doubles as an output source for bi-amping. A massive toroidal power transformer supplies 12 musically industrial MOS FETs mounted in a fan cooled heat sink tunnel for 2000 watts of peak power. RMS rating exceeds 600 watts into 4 ohms.

[url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Basis_M-2000/basis_m-2000.html"]http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out...sis_m-2000.html[/url]

[/quote]

HI,

Im interested.

Just a few questions for ya :

1. Is the amp in perfect working condition ?
2. You mentioned the footswitch is a bit tricky, in what way? does it work ok ? or does it need a repair ?
3. Visually, are there many scratches or marks on the amp
4. How would you rate the amp in terms of condition overall between 1 and 10

Thanks
Paul