Why become a member? ×

Squire Vintage Modified bass, Vintage Vibe guitar

The Marlin

Hi Chaps,

I've heard fantastic things about the Squire Vintage Vibe guitars, and Vintage Modified basses. They're made in china, but reminiscent of Fender Japan gear - great quality and playability. I'm making a pilgramage to GAK on Monday lunch to try out the white Vintage Vibe Telecaster, and the Vintage Modified Jazz bass. The bass looks fantastic, very retro - lookie here! [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/squier-/71293"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/squier-/71293[/url]

Has anyone tried these out? I've heard that these are as well built as the USA Fender bass and guitars, and the equiptment levels are decent. And, GAK are doing them for a smidgen over £200, bargain.

Any thoughts, suggestions before I empty my wallet?

Cheers

Mr Marlin

I had one of these from new for about two and a half years (it taught me how to play!) before I sold it to Tom on here.

It's a damn good bass, and even with a pretty high action as mine did, it's really comfortable to play, especially for slapping.

Tonally it's pretty spot on too, and HOW pretty is it?

I really can't fault the bass for that price - get it bought.

I have a Vintage Modified jazz as my main bass. I cant comment in regards to how it compares to the Fenders, but it is a cracking bass, and at the price they go new, its a steal. I paid not much less than £200 for mine second hand. They look stunning, sound great and are easy as pie to play due to the loveky neck and I have a nice low action on mine with no fret buzz.
In fact, Im almost tempted to buy another one new just to hang on the wall as a peice of art!

I own a Vintage Modified Jazz and i wouldn never sell it, out of the 4 USA Fender Jazzes i have owned including a 60's reissue with a J Retro Preamp and Marcus Miller Sig, this is by the far the best player of the lot, its just so simple and great for finger style funk, i love it! Couldn't recommend it enough!

Edited by spacecowboy