Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 715 200watt Combo improved by Trace Elliot.

septicrat

For sale here is my Trace Elliot 715 combo that I've only owned for about a month. The reason I'm selling it is because I desperatly want to buy SMV's Ampeg.

The Trace is in as new condition, in fact better than as new because Trace put a new and improved power amp in it for me under warranty to get rid of the buzz that plagues this model. Its now silent and sounds as good as you'd expect. There is no doubt that this amp will satisfy most gigging/recording needs.

Anyhoo, it comes with a Cover and the Footswitch.

I cant accept anything less than £350. I'll deliver it within a 20 mile radius of Hitchin in Herts for a Tenner.

Any questions please dont hesitate to ask. You're also more than welcome to come round and give it a whirl if you want to hear it.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by septicrat

Hi there,

Could be interested (and am local too!) but I'd need to establish if this really had enough power for me. Can you tell me more about it's output? A quick google suggests that this is a 200w output....would it drive an extension cab too?

Tempting, but I don't want to take a backward step in output (even if I end up sounding better) if that makes sense!

Cheers,
James

[quote name='Moos3h' post='663584' date='Nov 24 2009, 11:30 AM']Hi there,

Could be interested (and am local too!) but I'd need to establish if this really had enough power for me. Can you tell me more about it's output? A quick google suggests that this is a 200w output....would it drive an extension cab too?

Tempting, but I don't want to take a backward step in output (even if I end up sounding better) if that makes sense!

Cheers,
James[/quote]

Hi james.

Yes it is 200watts at 4ohms. Meaning that its running its full power through the built in speaker. You can connect it to a 4ohm cab but you have to dissconect the internal speaker to be able to plug the cab in(simply 1/4-speakon jack)

I've had one rehearsal session with this amp and it handled it perfectly. Cut through two electrics and drums no problem and sounded great. I've owned several high quility combos and this one is up there with the best of them.

I really love how this amp sounds, gives a range of tones with its EQ. you can also run it with the pre-shape which is the classic trace tone or combine the pre-shape and the eq to really shape some tone. Also you can run it flat, no EQ or pre-shape like I do with the built in compression set low for a real warm vintage tone.

I'm only selling it cos I only want one kinda tone and thats vintage so this amp is kinda wasted on me. I'm busting for that Ampeg B200-r.

This amp definatly cuts the mustard and if you are local you are more than welcome to come give it a whirl, I'm in pretty much most of the time as I'm on recovery leave from an accident, so just give me a shout when/if you want.

Steve