Why become a member? ×

SWR Baby Baby Blue 160Watt Combo - SOLD!!!

urb

EDIT - blimey - that was quick - I have a buyer in less than three hours... thanks for any interest any of you might have had!

SWR Baby Baby Blue 160Watt Combo for Sale

[attachment=36892:swr_bbb1.jpg]

Dimensions: 14" X19" X 14"
Weight 39lbs.
Power120 @ 8 ohms
Speakers1 x 10" PAS Driver, 1 LeSon TLX-1 Piezo Tweeter
Other details: Carpet covered, Birch or maple plywood.Handle on top and bottom

Hey there,

I have a gorgeous Baby Baby Blue all-tube combo for sale as I'm now looking to go to all separates - i.e. small lightweight head and similar cab - and to fund that I have to let this little beauty go - [b]I'm looking for £450 + p&p[/b]. The price on the Bass Gallery website for a new one is £799 and seeing as they are getting harder to find the next equivalent is now the new Spellbinder Blue and they are going for over £1000.

It's served me well over the three years I've had it and has performed exceptionally well in all kinds of gig situations, it's also a cracking amp for recording and adds real sweetness when used as a pre-amp going straight into the desk. For all its use the combo is still in very good condition - is cute as hell to look at - and packs a mighty punch for a rig of this size. The sound is much like that of its bigger brother the Super Redhead with (if desired) a glassy top end, a highly flexible mid frequency parametric EQ and a deep defined low end. You can also use an extension cab to shift a bit more air but this is great for small to medium sized gigs, as a teaching rig (it has two inputs) and as a studio reference amp.

I had a [b]custom fitted cover[/b] made for the amp, that's made of tough nylon on the outside and soft material on the inside (pictured below) and it sits perfectly on a small luggage trolly - great for getting around on public transport (some of us London types have to :) ).

All in all it's a cracking little combo that really delivers the goods - as one online reviewer put it; "A good,versatile, clear sounding powerful amp for smaller situations."

There are some [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/SWR/Baby+Blue+II/10/1"]more reviews here[/url].

PM me if you're interested and thanks for looking

PS You're welcome to collect it if you are any where near south London/Brixton

Mike

[attachment=36893:swr_bbb2.jpg]

[attachment=36894:swr_bbb3.jpg]

[attachment=36895:swr_bbb4.jpg]

[attachment=36896:swr_bbb5.jpg]

[attachment=36897:swr_bbb6.jpg]