Why become a member? ×

London Center of Contemporary Music

Cyprusbass92

I went to an open day a few years back and, to be brutally honest, wasn't impressed by the tutors at all. They could obviously play, but were unable to answer half the questions being asked, and the "rock bass" clinic was embarrasingly bad.

If they've got new tutors in, it could be OK but I wasn't fussed at all.

Cheers
Alun

Edited by Alun

Not sure where you mean but I did the diploma course here: [url="http://www.icmp.co.uk/courses/bass.aspx"]The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance[/url]

Was a good course, was challenging as I couldn't read music before the course and only knew certain 'shapes' rather than scales as I was self-taught but I really enjoyed it and it was a good way of meeting people - contacts and fellow musicians as I was totally new to London :rolleyes:

Their teachers include Svet who is touring with Moby, Terry (the head of bass) who records and tours with Steve Hackett and John who is a well known session player to name but a few - all of whom I found helpful and really friendly.

For me it was important to be taught by people who actually go out there and do it - sometimes a teacher would be missing as they were recording or gigging but you always knew that whoever was covering were equally good :lol:

PS - Hey Alun! Just noticed it was you that posted before me :)

Edited by JayGarrett