Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BSX Allegro

BigBeatNut

[quote name='BassBod' post='72630' date='Oct 11 2007, 09:44 AM']Now that looks very nice - so what's deal...sound feel...what p/ups....(I could go on)

BB[/quote]
Sound is great. Bigger volume unplugged than you'd think with that small body, it could be that I'll get around to miking it. Pickup sound is also good, very db-like to my ears, to a much greater degree than any other EUB I could get my hands on (includes various NSs, Triumph, Eminence and others).

Pickup is as fitted by BSX. ([url="http://www.bsxbass.com/"]bsxbass.com[/url]) It appears to be 4 piezos right under each string, but hard to tell because it's integral to the bridge.

On feel ... well I'm a total noob to the upright thing so while it feels alright to me neither me nor the bass are settled as yet. The previous owner had quite a high action set, so at some stage I'll be bringing that down by tweaking the neck bolts. (That's a designed in feature, not a case of making shims). Right now I'm just trying to toughen up fingertips and muscles by using it with the high action. It's still easier to play than my DB because the neck is slightly slimmer on the BSX. Being a noob though, I'm not sure which one is normal.

Worth noting that it has a lot of resemblances to an upright, not least of which, you can anchor your thumb *under* the fingerboard when playing pizz. Heel is also placed like an upright. I think its a D neck as opposed to an Eb neck on my DB ... may have got that wrong, its shorter anway.

Does that help ?

• 1 year later...