Why become a member? ×

wiring diagram help please

mojobass

Righht thought i'd swap out the pups on my CV jazz and put in the vintage style EMG;s ive got lying about! Also, Ive got a EMG balance pot lyin around too so thought i'd use it instead of two volumes! The controls i have are a pre wired vol and tone pot from a PBass EMG setup, but can anyone help withhow i wire the balance pot up to it and also the output jack? cheers

[quote name='mojobass' post='658250' date='Nov 18 2009, 04:02 PM']Righht thought i'd swap out the pups on my CV jazz and put in the vintage style EMG;s ive got lying about! Also, Ive got a EMG balance pot lyin around too so thought i'd use it instead of two volumes! The controls i have are a pre wired vol and tone pot from a PBass EMG setup, but can anyone help withhow i wire the balance pot up to it and also the output jack? cheers[/quote]

[url="http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/Electronics/Pots/i-4137.html"]this should show you the way[/url]

you will need to disconnect the P from its vol and connect it to the pan pot..likewise the jazz pup
keep the tone and jack wired together and all you need do is connect from the pan pot outlet to the tone pot

in effect you are interposing the pan in the present P wiring and then connecting the jazz to the pan pot

you dont need any more gear..maybe a bit of wire as you have

2 pups
pan pot
vol pot
tone pot
jack