Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ibanez SR506 6 string bass with £190 Schack circuit! SOLD

Ballie

For sale is my Ibanez SR506 that has an amazing Schack circuit, low action and stunning looks!

HERE ARE THE PICTURES
[url="http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/6stringbassist/Ibanez%20SR506/"]http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/6s...Ibanez%20SR506/[/url]

I'm asking EDIT: price lowered to £370, for this bass. I feel this is a fair price given the money I've spent on it and how well it plays and sounds. It really is in the same league as a lot of basses more than three times the price.

I'm based in Guildford near London or Cheltenham in Gloucestershire. I'd like cash on collection and it's pickup only. I don't want to post the bass in case it got damaged, lost etc. It comes with a soft case. I have a Markbass amp, and you're welcome to bring your own amp if you want to try the bass through that as well. If you're serious about the bass, feel free to come and try it out.

The Schack circuit alone was £190 excluding installation. They're an amazing German custom shop brand for those who don't know. Altogether I've spent around £300 on the bass so it plays brilliantly, sounds amazing and competes with custom shop basses. It really does sound and feel fantastic for anyone looking for a super-agile instrument.

First off, why am I selling it? I want a fretless bass and I already have another 6 string. I'm a big fan of Gary Willis and going to get his GWB-35 signature bass. I don't want to risk converting my SR506 into a fretless in case it goes wrong, and I wouldn't be able to use it or sell it. So I'd rather sell it as a fretted to someone that would use it more than I do.

It's a really smart looking bass in good condition. There's a tiny bit of bucklerash on the back, and a few tiny dings on the bass that aren't noticeable unless you hold it up to the light. Nothing worth moaning about, I just don't want to be accused of not pointing anything out. It's been gigged a few times although it's mainly been a second bass to my Ken Smith Burner 6. I've always had the bass in a hard case when it's not being played at gigs so it has been looked after, as with all the basses I've had. The Ibanez has stayed at home in a case for a while now. The Smith has even closer spacing and a more oldschool sound ideal for the music I play. The Ibanez has a more modern punchy and crisp sound and sits perfectly in the mix. Great for slap bass too both tonally and playability.

It's a really great workhorse for someone looking at gigging with it a lot. Feels lighter than my Fender Jazz Bass! If I had more money, I'd love to keep this bass, but as a student I don't have a choice. I'm studying electric bass for my degree and I really need to be able to play fretless too as it involves a much stricter "fretting" hand. Intonation is a big deal with it.

-The control cavity has been routed out to be slightly bigger to fit in an extra battery - it has three! Although you can run it off one, two or three batteries, three will last longer as less power is taken from each. I've had the same batteries since the circuit was installed at Rikkaxe in Bristol 3 years ago. A new back cover was made so the whole cavity is covered. Only enough space for one more battery was needed so there was no change in tone.

-Setup was also done at Rikkaxe in Bristol so the action could be low as you like. Alternatively, if you prefer medium or higher action I could change it before you try it out. Intonation I check regularly and keep it set right.

-The body was drilled for the first ramp that was flat, so there are two tiny screw holes that I'll be filling in before selling. These are covered by the new radiused ramp made from African Ebony wood.

-Black chrome hardware.

-Active/Passive modes.

-16.5mm string spacing at the bridge.

-Slim and fast playing neck.

-Light weight body, really comfortable to play especially for long gigs, rehearsals or studio work.

-Great in the studio, engineers love it! No hiss or any other noise. The humbuckers are great, Bartolini Mk1's. They have a very natural sound and respond to the way you play amazingly as they are passive pickups.

-The Schack circuit has a trim pot for adjusting the overall gain when on active mode. For each EQ band, there is a control for adjusting the frequency peak so you can choose the frequencies that sound best for your sound!

-Mahogany body, with wenge and bubinga neck. Rosewood fingerboard with abalone oval inlays.

Edited by Ballie