Why become a member? ×

SWR Goliath Jr III 210 Cab £230

nugget

SWR Goliath Jr 210 Cab in very good condition.

These are one of the clearest sounding cabs ever, it cuts through the mix very well in a LOUD band. Great bass response even with 5 string low B, I've never even thought about adding a 15" cab.

I live in Worcester but travel around loads, mainly manchester & bradford but can get pretty much anywhere south of Newcastle.

I'll get photos and more details up this weekend

Cheers
Nugget

Edited by nugget

[quote name='nugget' post='652764' date='Nov 12 2009, 04:27 PM']SWR Goliath Jr 210 Cab in very good condition.

These are one of the clearest sounding cabs ever, it cuts through the mix very well in a LOUD band. Great bass response even with 5 string low B, I've never even thought about adding a 15" cab.

I live in Worcester but travel around loads, mainly manchester & bradford but can get pretty much anywhere south of Newcastle.

I'll get photos and more details up this weekend

Cheers
Nugget[/quote]

Hi matey interested in this!! can you tell me if it's 4ohms or not?
Also do you get anywhere near Hull?
Cheers!

[quote name='SlipperySquid' post='652867' date='Nov 12 2009, 06:14 PM']Hi matey interested in this!! can you tell me if it's 4ohms or not?
Also do you get anywhere near Hull?
Cheers![/quote]

Hi, it's 8ohm but has a very high 1w/m value so is very loud. I've used it as my only cab for a few years now and it's coped very well with a crazy loud drummer. It's louder and much clearer than my old 410 ashdown abm cab and pretty light and compact.

I could possibly be near Hull on tuesday eve.

Ta
Nugget

[quote name='SlipperySquid' post='652969' date='Nov 12 2009, 07:57 PM']My head only does 4ohms I think ...so it will reduce the output wattage by half I think? Don't know if anyone can tell me other wise?
I'll try and see what the results of running an 8om cab through a 4ohm head are.[/quote]

What head are you using?

[quote name='SlipperySquid' post='653008' date='Nov 12 2009, 08:31 PM']Using a peavey MkVIII series which gives 350watts @ 4 ohms and 600watts at 2ohms.[/quote]

as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) you'll get 175watts @ 8 ohms - exactly the same as the Hartke HA3500 I used with this cab for 2 years. Solid state amps will drive any ohms down to their minimum, you approx half the watts as you double the ohms. volume (db) is not directly proportional to watts, it's more to do with sensitivity (1w/m)

[quote name='bassspace' post='654695' date='Nov 14 2009, 06:03 PM']Hi, i would like to buy this, live in Coleshill so not far, in monday or tuesday evening,
cheers[/quote]

Hey I know Coleshill, I used to go drinking in a pub in a trading estate there - the Norton Arms I think?? - I can for sure meet Tuesday eve or monday afternoon, we are rehersing Monday eve. I'll pm you my phone number in the morning as I'm off to a gig now at the harvester Solihull (not far from you and the cab will be in the van..but dont tell anyone that)

Cheers
Nugget

• 2 weeks later...