Why become a member? ×

Peavey Century 120 Amp & cab

Bronagh

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and need some seeerious advice!

Ok so i have the Peavey Century 120 series 300 watt amp head and cab BUT as some of you may know, it's quite old and its not working.
I haven't had anyone look at it professionally yet, i've had it for nearly 6 years, tried it out for the first time in about 3 years yesterday.
I'm getting power from the head but i don't know whether its that or the cab. A mate opened it up and had a look, the bi-amp is VERY old, not manufactured in the UK anymore and its rotted pretty bad (it has no protection surrounding it other than the frame).

I wanted to sell it because i've only recently started playing again, and wanted to buy a smaller amp, as the peavey is big and heavy!
So. My options are (that i'm aware of) to order a replica bi-amp from America, spend about £200 on it then hope i can find someone over here to do the handy work AND pay them for it... Risk buying a similar bi-amp that could potentially blow the speakers (Scorpions, i don't think they're made anymore either)... throw it out... Try and sell it to someone who's interested in buying old amps that don't work?!

Any suggestions guys?!?!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Bronagh :)

Edited by Bronagh

Bi-amp? I don't think the Centurians had bi-amps.

It's not worth spending a lot of cash on as you can buy older Peavey amps pretty cheaply. It's certainly not worth spending £200+. Someone on here picked up a mark IV head and 2x15 for £60 recently. I think if it were me I'd look to sell and hunt around for something else.