Why become a member? ×

Little bit of recording/ sample help please

silky13

Hey guys!! I am after a little bit of help with making a bit of an intro for our band's new live set! The band is called Driller, and so true to the name we want to make an intro that is a mixture of building site pneumatic drill and electric drill sounds which can then merge into the note of our first song (which starts on D flat).

Anyway I thought there must be someone on here that will know how you could make an intro like this!? And then once we've made one, how would we play it back just before we go on stage and play the first song!?

Cheers in advance!
Silky

[quote name='silky13' post='648365' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:50 PM']Hey guys!! I am after a little bit of help with making a bit of an intro for our band's new live set! The band is called Driller, and so true to the name we want to make an intro that is a mixture of building site pneumatic drill and electric drill sounds which can then merge into the note of our first song (which starts on D flat).

Anyway I thought there must be someone on here that will know how you could make an intro like this!? And then once we've made one, how would we play it back just before we go on stage and play the first song!?

Cheers in advance!
Silky[/quote]

Sony acid pro could do this you would need to drop the samples next to a sample of an instrument playing a chord in d flat then pitch adjust the drill sample until it is in tune with this.

A recording of a drill should have quite a specific note which should be quite easy to loop while you pitch shift to the right note, the I guess you just want to mix it in at the end of the other power tool recordings. Can be done in any DAW. As for playback, simplest way is to put it on CD get the sound man to play it as you go on and make sure you can hear it in the monitors. If you want control playback just ask for another D.I on stage and plug in an iPod.