Why become a member? ×

Gone pending Roscoe SKB 3005

nobodysprefect

Well, since I've decided to go 6 strings... The best five-string bass I've ever had, so I'm selling this and keeping my SKB3006. The bass is in really good condition, but there is a bump in the back from a previous owner, as shown in the pics. The neck and the frets are in great shape and the top is flawless. From what I know, Roscoe doesn't really do solid finishes so it's a bit of a rarity to boot.

Neck is really sleek, really quick maple-purpleheart-maple with walnut stringers. Fretboard is morado I think?
Ash body.
35" scale, but this is one of those basses where the extra inch doesn't feel like it makes for an extra stretch.
18,3 mm spacing at bridge
doesn't weight much at all. will weigh this later on. Excellent balance on strap and on lap.
Bartolini classic barts: kinda bart jazz thing. No hum! Open, detailed.
Glockenklang pre: probably the best pre for Roscoes: deep, clear lows, full mids, glassy highs.

This is a very punchy bass! Plays effortlessly, has a ton of tones and a really thunderous B-string. So far, only Dingwall has been able to provide similar feel and clarity in the low notes. Can do a P-like thumpy bark or a J-like bridge pup if you want it to.

The bad: it doesn't look like a Fender? Lacks a c-string (that's really subjective though) This is one of those basses that sounds a little 'rough' on it's own, it's in the mix where it shines. So it isn't a lyrical soloist bass by any means, but for that other 99.5% of my playing it was just spot on. But I've got the sixer which does more or less what this does and has the c-string.

Think about something like GBP1350 which is, I think a fair price. Would welcome trade offers but would really prefer to trade down unless it was for a sweet shuker, sei or skjold six-string. Trade up to an MTD 635? Possibly. So, either something that would complement the Roscoe six well or something bog standard I can re-sell in Finland.

edited for clarity, thanks for Molan for pointing out the obfuscatory nature or my previous communique.
Stingray owners: I can't trade straight for a stingray, obviously, but I would consider a GOOD stingray worth about 900 pounds if we were to trade. If a versatile, more ergonomic albeit more idiosyncratic fiver is something you seek to possess, let me know eh?

Edited by nobody's prefect