Why become a member? ×

Best playing sub £300 acoustic

Jamesemt

Apologies for all the acoustic threads I've posted of late, but I seem to be going around in circles. There is absolutely nothing of interest locally so I can't make an informed decision by actually playing what I'm after!!

I am looking for the nicest playing under £300 acoustic bass I can find. In order of preferance:

1. Ease of playing
2. Build quality
3. Nice electrified sound

So what I'm getting at is I want a really well built easy playing bass for under £300. Not overly bothered about acoustic volume.

The Michael Kelly Firefly and Crafter BA-400 can both be bought for £250 new. The Takamine EG-512 is slightly out of budget at about £330.

Has anyone actually played all three and could recommend one or suggest something I haven't thought of? Am willing to go completely acoustic for now if it means I could get a better quality acoustic (just at home noodling currently, although may eventually do something with my current band and could get a pickup fitted...).

Would I be better going second hand, if so what should I look for?