Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Dan Armstrong ADA4

absolutpepper

Hey guys

I just picked up one of the new Ampeg Dan Armstrong reissue plexi basses and having now been playing it for around a week its absolutely great. The short scale 24 fret neck is really fast and smooth and so nice to play on, i've played other short scales and never quite got on with them - feeling they were too bunched up. This one is different and its really nice.

Construction and finish are both excellent and the hard case would put a lot of other manufacturers to shame (i'm looking at you Gibson!). Anyone else have one of these or played one, what are your thoughts.

Cheers

Chris

Is this the one from ebay (about two weeks ago)? It looked gorgeous and I was very tempted

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='639787' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:02 AM']Hey guys

I just picked up one of the new Ampeg Dan Armstrong reissue plexi basses and having now been playing it for around a week its absolutely great. The short scale 24 fret neck is really fast and smooth and so nice to play on, i've played other short scales and never quite got on with them - feeling they were too bunched up. This one is different and its really nice.

Construction and finish are both excellent and the hard case would put a lot of other manufacturers to shame (i'm looking at you Gibson!). Anyone else have one of these or played one, what are your thoughts.

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

Haha yeah it was. I got it at a pretty bargain price as there was only one other bid placed other than mine. Its even better in the flesh (cant really say wood now can i?) and if it had been listed as new and unused I wouldnt have known any better. Looking forward to recording with it in December.

[quote name='lozbass' post='639799' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:13 AM']Is this the one from ebay (about two weeks ago)? It looked gorgeous and I was very tempted[/quote]

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='639825' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:34 AM']Haha yeah it was. I got it at a pretty bargain price as there was only one other bid placed other than mine. Its even better in the flesh (cant really say wood now can i?) and if it had been listed as new and unused I wouldnt have known any better. Looking forward to recording with it in December.[/quote]
Excellent - it was a real bargain! I was once offered an original in a music shop in Manchester for £30 (around 1978). I had the cash in my pocket but wanted a pizza on the way home so didn't go for the deal. I'm sure the pizza was great - the decision to pass on the plexi bass wasn't