Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 1015H

Melv

Hey there, I've played through an older version of that cab a bunch of times without any issues. I thought it was a very functional piece of kit that managed to cut through two marshall 4x12 guitar cabs on either side of the stage. A cool thing to have if you are going to just use one cab and don't really fancy a 4x10. It puts out a nice bottom end.

I'm a fan of the new Trace stuff as well and play through a 1028H and a 1518 cab for most gigs. Nothing really fancy about them, but they more than do the job and I'm happy with them.

Are you looking at a new one, or is it second hand?

Hey, im looking at a new one, but if a gd condition second hand one pops up.................or a any other gd 2nd hand cabs (im contently looking at the sale section of the forum). I play a 5 string so need a gd low end.......budget of around £600ish............either 2 cabs or a 4x10 cab, as long as it can compensate for the B string. It would be coupled with a mesa boogie walkabout head so need summin gd..............any ideas?

The Walkabout head kicks ass!

Since the walkabout is 300 watts into 4ohms, if you were going to just use the one cab I would get a four ohm cab. Any number of quality 4x10s are about for under 600 quid, both new and used. Eden Nemesis stuff is pretty good. Also have you thought about a 2x12? I'm sure Eden XLT and EBS Proline 2x12s go for around 600 quid new. They would handle the lows.

I wouldn't discount the Trace 1015H either. I'm pretty sure its the equivalent of putting the 1518c and the 1028h in one box.

Really you just have to go out and try a few things to see what you are exactly looking for and what works for you.

Best of luck!

Cheers Thodrik for pointing them cabs out! Im interested in the Eden Nemesis EN410-XST and the EBS 212 Proline as well as the trace elliot 1015h. I looked at the Eden D212XLT Cab but surprised to see the nemesis with the 4x10 handles a lower freq than the XLT with 2x12

Can anybody shed some light on the choice between the trace, eden Nemesis and the EBS on past experiences???? Just trying to track down shops that have them in stock so I can try