Why become a member? ×

Hello! From Reading

Chappers86

Hi all,

Just signed up today through recommendation of a friend and so far has been fantastic!!!

Little bit of history, began playing music at 6 on the piano... played for 10 years but at the end of it I didnt feel I got the most out of it (hopefully some of you will understand me when playing an instrument was mainly pushed by the parents). But on the plus side it did give a great appreciation of music and genres...although summoning it through the piano did not work.

Went to play in a couple of bands, mostly vocals as my attempt at guitar was in no league to my mates.

Then recently I decided to go to the bass, it has only been 6 months but it has been the most enjoyment I have ever had and compared to the other instruments I've played I definitely feel the progress so far has been amazing. Still finding my sound at the moment but really do enjoy the warm melodious jazzy side of bass so far.

I have a Ibanez SRX360BK which I find has a lot of punch for a modestly priced bass guitar, unfortunately due to my budget at the time I ended up buying a small Line6 combo amp to practise with so does not do it justice. My concern now is that already I'm in a band (light indie) and hope you guys can help me suggest a good affordable gig rig. Never an easy question of course but your suggestions will help.

Anyways look forward to chatting to you guys.

Cheers

Chappers