Why become a member? ×

Twanging tonight!

Funkmaster

I change my strings really often but find that initial tone a bit harsh for the first day and a half of playing or say one rehersal after which there's just so much definition and a good balance of note and zingy bite to the sound which I really like; makes pushing harmonics jump out a lot less work too.

I'd have though with a name like funkmaster (and obviously a funk fan) that you'd change your strings more regularly than joe bloggs?

[quote name='fusionbassist1' post='635815' date='Oct 25 2009, 12:56 AM']I'd have thought with a name like funkmaster (and obviously a funk fan) that you'd change your strings more regularly than joe bloggs?[/quote]

Ah.. well... I'm and R&Ber rather than a funker I just like the name. Funkmaster is a name that I've got from one of the bands I play for - I'm introduced as 'the Funkmaster himself' (or once or twice as 'the Ossett Sound Machine'). I'm sure I'd never be good enough to be a funker!

My strings can be on for 3 or 4 years - until one breaks. Strangely the last set was only on about 5 or 6 months - a set of Warwick Black Labels which I hated! They just felt odd on to my fingers! So I was pleased when a string let go eealier on in the week.

Back on Elites now - which hopefully will be around for longer than the Warwicks.

I change my strings about every 6 weeks haha!

Have you tried the Elixir strings?

They're coated to have a more consistant tone for a much longer time so they might suit the way you play and how you prefer not to change all the time.

They feel strange to me due to them being coated but I'd suggest you try them out because they do last pretty long from what i'm told.

[quote name='fusionbassist1' post='635977' date='Oct 25 2009, 11:51 AM']I change my strings about every 6 weeks haha!

Have you tried the Elixir strings?

They're coated to have a more consistant tone for a much longer time so they might suit the way you play and how you prefer not to change all the time.

They feel strange to me due to them being coated but I'd suggest you try them out because they do last pretty long from what i'm told.[/quote]

I've heard that about elixirs. Trouble is I got a couple of sets of elites so with luck they'll keep me going for most of the next decade!!