Why become a member? ×

MODS PLEASE REMOVE >>>>>>>>>Rackmount bi amp controller/crossover PRICE DROP ! £15

Its a celestion SRC2 stereo controller/crossover.This could be a cheap way to bi amp your bass rig or PA system.It splits signal into highs and lows.Gives a very much more hi fi type sound.It could be used with a couple of amp heads or a stereo power amp.Some people even use them with a small combo on top of regular rig to do the high frequency amplifying.Easy to use .................. !
I will not do shipping but I`m willing to drop off to serious buyer.I drive daily between brighton and SW london so anywhere on route would be fine.I also deliver in home counties a lot (as part of my day job)so that could be considered.Also I`m keen for buyer to make sure it works to their satisfaction before they part with cash.

Edited by jhk

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='647016' date='Nov 6 2009, 10:19 AM']Is the crossover frequency fixed or is it adjustable?[/quote]

fixed..................... at 180 hz as far as i know.

regards

jon

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Sound Man' post='713104' date='Jan 14 2010, 09:40 PM']This is a system controller for Celestion SR1/SR3 speakers.

Information on it's use is available via this [url="http://www.proaudio.org.uk/~Tim/EbayPDF/CelestionSR_Series_Brochure_OCR.pdf"]link[/url].

Dave[/quote]
Thanks for info link.
Crossover is at 200 hz and not 180hz as stated earlier.

Although its `celestion`it functions fine with any other speakers as ultimately it`s a crossover.I used to use the` Bose `controller with an earlier incarnation of a bi-amp bass rig and it sounded rather good.Which ,in a sense, you`d expect to be the case as PA systems sound very hi-fi when bi amplified, when carrying the bass player`s sound out front.
As mentioned earlier in thread , it would be a cheap way of trying out bi amped bass sound.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Matty' post='843649' date='May 20 2010, 10:54 PM']stupid question time:
Is this crossover used before a poweramp?
or is it similar to the kind of crossover found in cabs, just in a rack format?[/quote]

you were right the first time!

this is for line level signal only and definately before the power amp stage.So you can power your high and low signals independantly.

[quote name='Matty' post='845542' date='May 23 2010, 10:08 AM']ok, just one more silly question.
I cant find any info on it anywhere, what does the loudspeaker sense do?[/quote]

That function is purely if you are sending a sound signal to activate a `light show`.To synchronize the light with the sound.This was probably used more when this unit was used as P.A sound controller.

As far as the `bi amping` process is concerned they are superflous and do not have any use.So in normal use ,you just don`t use it.

hope this helps.

• 3 months later...