Why become a member? ×

FEELER, FT: 1983 Rickenbacker 4003 (white)

Tech

this is a bloody gorgeous bass that I bought when I had some success with an indie band. it's a fantastic bass, but these days i'm mostly playing jazz/funk and i'm playing a lot more guitar. my stingray suits my 4 string needs a bit better with the active pre, and my main gigging bass is my 6 string, since I use the low B so much.

might trade for an old fender bass (J ideal, maybe P, let me know what you have), or an old fender strat...

but surprise me, let me know what's going on! but again - I'll only trade for something that really catches my eye.

she's in good nick, but an old bass that has been played a lot, and it shows - started to yellow, a couple of dings from general wear and tear, one small chip on the lacquer over the fretboard, frets in good condition, one of the tuners is a bit loose but if anyone is interested i'd take her to the shop to get her sorted out (it wasn't an issue for me). also, i never had the bridge pickup horseshoe for this bass.

again, a fantastic bass, just can't justify having this much money tied up in a bass that i just have no need for anymore.

[quote name='Tech' post='635351' date='Oct 24 2009, 02:39 PM']this is a bloody gorgeous bass that I bought when I had some success with an indie band. it's a fantastic bass, but these days i'm mostly playing jazz/funk and i'm playing a lot more guitar. my stingray suits my 4 string needs a bit better with the active pre, and my main gigging bass is my 6 string, since I use the low B so much.

might trade for an old fender bass (J ideal, maybe P, let me know what you have), or an old fender strat...

but surprise me, let me know what's going on! but again - I'll only trade for something that really catches my eye.

she's in good nick, but an old bass that has been played a lot, and it shows - started to yellow, a couple of dings from general wear and tear, one small chip on the lacquer over the fretboard, frets in good condition, one of the tuners is a bit loose but if anyone is interested i'd take her to the shop to get her sorted out (it wasn't an issue for me). also, i never had the bridge pickup horseshoe for this bass.

again, a fantastic bass, just can't justify having this much money tied up in a bass that i just have no need for anymore.[/quote]
Please don't take this the wrong way:

I've always thought Ricks to have such a weird shape - nice, but wierd.

Seeing your "power stance" in the second picture I totally get it now. It looks great!. That bass was made for you :)

I'd say keep it - it's beautiful. But if must sell - would you sell for cash?