Why become a member? ×

Seeking advice on mid-size combo

Dronny

(Just joined the forum, but I've been reading it for quite a while)

I'm looking at getting a new combo, and have narrowed it down to 2 (I think -- but I keep changing my mind!).

Ashdown MAG C115 300

or

Fender Bassman 150

I really like the sound of the Ashdown, but the Fender has some nice touches (including the 'kickback' shape -- does anyone find that useful?) so I'd like some opinions if possible... so fire away!

cheers

Dave.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='630300' date='Oct 19 2009, 12:59 PM']What's your budget? Are you going to be using it for gigging?

S.P.[/quote]

Good questions (I should have put them in orignally!).

Budget is £400 max.

Gigging - yes, but usually with DI into a full PA as well.

I think the Ashdown is probably the better bet - one point to note is that it has the facility to drive an additional speaker cabinet, so if you ever needed more volume, it would be relatively cheap to upgrade. I'd also suggest having a look through the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=20"]for sale[/url] section of this site because you can get a hell of a lot more for £400 if you buy used, and you lose a lot less money if you realise after one gig that it's not the right amp for your needs.

If you insist on buying new, then I'd strongly recommend that you try them both, and trust your gut.

S.P.