Why become a member? ×

SOLD 100% original late 60's Tshell Fender Jazz pickguard

I've ended up with a selection of Jazz bass pickguards during my search for an original 1960 one to use for a restoration project - (I've now finally got an original 1960 all celluloid one - don't ask me what that cost :) )...

This is a 100% original late 1960's Tortoise shell Fender Jazz pickguard - top layer of celluloid, with underlying 3 W/B/W layers of plastic - which is correct for Fender Jazz basses from late 1964 onwards. So it is perfect for restoring a vintage Fender Jazz - or making your newer one look fabulous.

It is in excellent condition - with no warping at all (as flat as a pancake!). It's very difficult to find vintage pickguards like this in such good condition - especially one that isn't warped (as so many are).

This cost me around [b]£250[/b] to import from the US (after adding on duty & shipping) - so I'm looking for sensible offers around that price - with insured Special Delivery postage included.

[attachment=2549:60s_jazz_pickguard.jpg]

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='paul, the' post='67777' date='Sep 30 2007, 05:54 PM']Crikey. Do you use the metal plate underneath them? I understand they had those on vintage Fenners.[/quote]

That aluminium shielding plate was only used on older Fender Precisions Paul (up to around 1967/68 I think) - part of the CBS era cost cutting was removing them...
And (as far as I know) they were never used on Fender Jazz basses.

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='99ster' post='67785' date='Sep 30 2007, 06:00 PM']That aluminium shielding plate was only used on older Fender Precisions Paul (up to around 1967/68 I think) - part of the CBS era cost cutting was removing them...
And (as far as I know) they were never used on Fender Jazz basses.[/quote]

Good to know, cheers.

---

Have you oggled my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6376&hl="]Kustom[/url] yet? Best of luck with the sale Jim!

Edited by paul, the

[quote name='99ster' post='67793' date='Sep 30 2007, 06:09 PM']Here's a picture of one on my 1966 Precision:

[attachment=2550:66_pbass...ard_zoom.jpg][/quote]

:)

You have to warn me before posting pics like that! I nearly fainted last time I saw one as nice.

After some deep breathing exercises I only feel a slight dizziness.

[quote name='paul, the' post='67790' date='Sep 30 2007, 06:04 PM']Good to know, cheers.

---

Have you oggled my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6376&hl="]Kustom[/url] yet? Best of luck with the sale Jim![/quote]

Cheers Paul - and I'm loving the Kustom dude! VERY cool!