Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sold Dean Pace Electric Upright Bass

Jean-Luc Pickguard

As I am now used to my 5 string Ned Steinberger, its time to let my beloved Dean Pace 4 string find a new master (or mistress)

I've attached a couple of photos of myself playing it at a pub and a corporate gig at London Zoo, plus a few pics just of the bass as well.

As you can see it is the four string version of the Dean Pace Bass. It has been well looked after (I'm the original owner) and is in pretty much perfect condition - Despite being used to great effect on lots of gigs there's not a ding or scratch to be seen. The action has been set very low for a nice growly sound. It is currently strung with thomastic jazz bass flatwound strings. The bass has a clear finish over natural maple. The front of the body and the headstock have a nice bit of flame in the maple, so it looks a bit more classy than the solid colour versions. The stand is nice and sturdy and is black chrome. I am including the case and a cable with it.

There only a single volume control to adjust the volume of the piezo pickups on the bass (there's a piezo element on each bridge saddle). There are also trimpots for tweaking the bass & treble on the active preamp in the electronics cavity.

* Solid Maple Neck-Thru Construction
* Classic Slotted Headstock Design
* 6" Radius Rosewood Fingerboard
* Side Dot Position Markers
* Piezo Bridge with Buffer Preamp
* 35" Scale Length
* Double Braced Tripod Stand
* Black Chrome Hardware
* Custom Designed Case
* Color: Natural Maple

Price: £420

I'm in Sutton, South London if anyone wants to have a closer look/testdrive.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard